Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which starter to choose?

Administrator
    VIN
    It's probably stuck to the block. Soak it with penetrating spray between now and when you go at it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    The Paris Rhone is still in the same place it's been for the last 36 years. What isn't is the tape connecting the solenoid wires together. Now the old PR is spinning on the first key turn every time. Maybe I'll wait until the car goes to bed for the winter to put the Eagle in.
    Coincidentally, I need to go to Booneville for work Thursday...probably not far from this irreverent starter.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Coincidentally, I need to go to Booneville for work Thursday...probably not far from this irreverent starter.
    No kidding, I don't even care about the starter; I'd be honored to meet up and talk
    Νικος Αυγουστινατου
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    No kidding, I don't even care about the starter; I'd be honored to meet up and talk
    Cool....I'll try yo find out what kinda free time I'll have.

Otherwise, hit me up on your next trip to Lake George.

Administrator
    VIN
    I'll be in Remsen most of the day....

Administrator
    VIN
    I just replaced the starters on both 4194 and 5052 with the Eagle starter. On 5052 I went with a new Chinese unit (Part # 17046N) from Rockauto for $84.89 plus shipping. On 4194, I went with a remanufactured in the USA Bosch unit (Part # SR6502X) via Ebay for $68.99 WITH shipping. There is a remanufactured in Korea starter on Ebay for $59.99 with shipping, but I decided to spend the additional $9.00 for the Bosch starter.

The Eagle starter is much smaller and is about half the weight of the stock DMC starter; thus, it is a lot easier to install and provides more room for headers. Plus it sounds cool! :-)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I just replaced the starters on both 4194 and 5052 with the Eagle starter. On 5052 I went with a new Chinese unit (Part # 17046N) from Rockauto for $84.89 plus shipping. On 4194, I went with a remanufactured in the USA Bosch unit (Part # SR6502X) via Ebay for $68.99 WITH shipping. There is a remanufactured in Korea starter on Ebay for $59.99 with shipping, but I decided to spend the additional $9.00 for the Bosch starter.

The Eagle starter is much smaller and is about half the weight of the stock DMC starter; thus, it is a lot easier to install and provides more room for headers. Plus it sounds cool! :-)
    Lou has been begging me for years to make a video with sound of the Eagle starter. He really wants to know what it sounds like, but I just haven't gotten around to making the video.

I say we all form a pact, and agreed to never post a video with sound of the Eagle starter just so we can screw with Lou.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I can agree to that; but, I've always had my original starters rebuilt.

It's easy to agree to something you have no intention of doing.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I'll be in Remsen most of the day....

I would have been unable to meet you. Late night at work, had to pack for a trip to Massachusetts. Another time!