Thread: Sad news - Jim Anthony passed away

VIN

Sad news - Jim Anthony passed away

I'm afraid I have a bit of bad news for the group. Mr Jim passed away a few days ago. According to his wife, he passed away doing something he loved, working on the Delorean. Most people on this forum didn't know him but I figured it should mention it in case there is someone lurking.

Jim was a great guy to have a conversation with and thanks to him being a proud salesman of lifetime oil filters, I will forever remember him each time I change oil in the Delorean.

His wife's Facebook post and the funeral arrangements are below. I will not be able to make the service but I plan to visit during the wake tonight.

Just passing the bad news along since many of us had enjoyable memories with him.

As copied from his wife's Facebook post:
    My best friend, lover and sweet husband has taken his last drive. Jim passed away Wednesday afternoon doing what he loved , caring for his DeLorean, with the music loud and the doors up! He is free of his burdens. I will love and miss him forever. I know God and the Green Berets at the Pearly Gates ushered him in with honor.

A visitation in his honor will be on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at ROSE LYNN FUNERAL SERVICES, 1870 Cabanose Ave., Lutcher, LA from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visitation will resume at the funeral home on Monday, June 4, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. followed by a religious service.

http://www.roselynnfuneralhome.com/s...ser_id=2109646
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Was he a member here or on talk?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Was he a member here or on talk?
    No. He didn't really do the internet thing. He was one of the founding members of our Louisiana group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    He was a very nice guy; I installed an ignition module in his car. I followed Bill's wiring schematic, the car didn't start, so I swapped a wire and it worked perfectly. I remember how happy he was after that. The man loved his car and took exceptional care of it.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    He was a very nice guy; I installed an ignition module in his car. I followed Bill's wiring schematic, the car didn't start, so I swapped a wire and it worked perfectly. I remember how happy he was after that. The man loved his car and took exceptional care of it.
    Yep, good times. The funny thing is, last night his wife told me he wanted to be buried in that silly car. I didn't ask too many questions out of respect, but from what I understood, his ashes were placed in an ammo can, which would be placed in a model delorean for burial.

I'm sad he is gone, but the story was pretty cool. His wife said he spent the morning cleaning the car, he snuck out for ice cream in the Delorean, and he died in his Delorean as he was pulling into the driveway. She was happy for him that he passed away doing something he enjoyed and her telling of the story was very upbeat and positive.

VIN
    I forgot to mention, it was of natural causes. He didn't have a car accident on anything. She seemed to think it was a stroke or heart attack.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Do you think you could ask her for an oil filter for the car?
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."