Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Out of the trailer park and movin on up to a deluxe metal garage

Administrator
    VIN
    Like I said, pouring concrete is 90% prep:

ConcreteForm05152016.jpg

Notice how much moisture the sand has absorbed. If I tried to tamp that without a layer of sand on top it would stick to the tamping rod and I'd end up shoveling it off every 5 seconds.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Like I said, pouring concrete is 90% prep:

ConcreteForm05152016.jpg

Notice how much moisture the sand has absorbed. If I tried to tamp that without a layer of sand on top it would stick to the tamping rod and I'd end up shoveling it off every 5 seconds.

Bill Robertson
    Amen. Concrete work involves a lot of prep. I'm just glad I hired someone else to do the work. Pimp had a bulldozer yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I'm guessing that was a proxy post from Bill. It's good to hear from him, despite all the mess that went on a year or two ago.

I've been curious about Bill's garage. For all I know, my building might be from the same company.

Did Bill ever calm down on Facebook with his political posts? I'm afraid to unblock him on Facebook given the situation where he tried to get me fired from Uber.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm guessing that was a proxy post from Bill. It's good to hear from him, despite all the mess that went on a year or two ago.

I've been curious about Bill's garage. For all I know, my building might be from the same company.

Did Bill ever calm down on Facebook with his political posts? I'm afraid to unblock him on Facebook given the situation where he tried to get me fired from Uber.

It's a post from Talk....it seemed like it fit nicely in your thread.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    It's a post from Talk....it seemed like it fit nicely in your thread.
    Awe. For a moment I was hoping there might be a peace treaty soon.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm working on getting that Rolls today; but people are gouging me on the price of a 150-mile tow.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    I've got a frame!

Administrator
    VIN
    Gonna be nice!

VIN
    My dad is a trip. Obviously the prep work isn't done yet. My dad commented that in some spots where the old slab meets the new slab, the dirt/sand is only half an inch thick. He said that will never work having half an inch of concrete in those spots. I had a good time poking fun at my dad, reminding him that the prep work isn't finished. Its pretty obvious the sand needs to be spread out more and compacted.

The cement guy told me that he will probably be ready to pour the slab on Tuesday, weather permitting.

VIN
    This morning.