Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Discussion Thread

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I was going to post a funny meme of Trump himself doing the ripping but Bing hasn't got with the latest media catch phrase. Maybe tomorrow they will have caught up...or maybe Bing was just giving me what it thinks I want to see based on my past searches. I'll try Google next.
    Screenshot_20180618-173505.jpg

Edit...Success! Thanks Google!

Screenshot_20180618-174359.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Not separated, "ripped from their parent's loving arms". Please try and keep the truth valid.
    I also forgot to add that they were then placed in a Japanese Internment Camp.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Back when Elgin was trying hard to convince the American Public that Wristwatches weren't for the ladies. Get a load of that hairy ass hand. Guy must have gone blind.

Elgin Advert.jpg
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Somebody take away my damn credit card. This one will be shipped to me from Hong Kong. Admittedly not working, so I will shop around getting it repaired. I have been told that this model was riding the wave of the aviation/Lucky Lindy phenomena. Unlike Gruen, Elgin records exist. This serial number dates to a manufacture year of 1928. 15 Jewels. I offered $75 to seller to put a B.I.N., but he declined, and I paid $50 at the end of the auction.

Aviga.Big.6.jpg.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

That's a piece of history, Duplicate. Nice find! What kind of strap are you going with btw?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Somebody take away my damn credit card. This one will be shipped to me from Hong Kong. Admittedly not working, so I will shop around getting it repaired. I have been told that this model was riding the wave of the aviation/Lucky Lindy phenomena. Unlike Gruen, Elgin records exist. This serial number dates to a manufacture year of 1928. 15 Jewels. I offered $75 to seller to put a B.I.N., but he declined, and I paid $50 at the end of the auction.

Aviga.Big.6.jpg.
    That's not the one Michael picked out....toss that shit in the trash!!!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    All this watch talk got me to finally fix this watch I have. Tendence is a fairly cheap watch but I do like their striking oversized designs. They did come out with a Swiss movement titanium limited edition watch that really looked good but at 1,000 bucks I was not a customer. Sometime later I found the same watch on clearance under 200 bucks and jumped on it. Looked very good but one thing I didn't like was the glossy polycarbonate case. It looked cheap. Last night I dissassembled the watch, and as I type this my case is curing on the oven with a nice custom Cerakote color I mixed for it. Cerakote is a very hard and thin coating used mainly for firearm finishes. I have been very impressed with it on the guns I have done. Hopefully 200 degrees for 2 hours isn't too much heat for it but we will soon know.
    20180623_175242.jpg 20180623_175303.jpg

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Success! She is all back together. The snap rings for the pushers are the smallest I have ever seen! Took some delicate touches to get those in without hearing that dreaded ping and a faint "tink" on the other side of the room. The Cerakote compliments the colors perfectly. I mixed some tungsten gray with a little burnt bronze to give me a nice complimentary color to the bezel. I finished it in a matt sheen by using less catalyst. The first time I used Cerakote, I spoted a section on the inside of the magwell of a pistol. Not even prepped right. After it cured I tried to scrape it off with a dental pick. That stuff is bulletproof. Now my Tendence Gulliver Titanium looks right. This was a very good buy for 170.00 considering it uses a Swiss 13 jewel Ronda movement. This is the same movement that Tag Heuer and Tissot uses in many of their chronographs.
    On to the pics
    20180625_191732.jpg 20180625_195915.jpg20180625_194430.jpg20180625_202956.jpg20180625_201359.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cottman View Post
    That's a piece of history, Duplicate. Nice find! What kind of strap are you going with btw?
    Sorry that I missed responses to this thread.

Assuming that fixing it is economically feasible, I will go with a saddle brown military strap. I like talking about this B.S. so... more to come!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Success! She is all back together. The snap rings for the pushers are the smallest I have ever seen! Took some delicate touches to get those in without hearing that dreaded ping and a faint "tink" on the other side of the room. The Cerakote compliments the colors perfectly. I mixed some tungsten gray with a little burnt bronze to give me a nice complimentary color to the bezel. I finished it in a matt sheen by using less catalyst. The first time I used Cerakote, I spoted a section on the inside of the magwell of a pistol. Not even prepped right. After it cured I tried to scrape it off with a dental pick. That stuff is bulletproof. Now my Tendence Gulliver Titanium looks right. This was a very good buy for 170.00 considering it uses a Swiss 13 jewel Ronda movement. This is the same movement that Tag Heuer and Tissot uses in many of their chronographs.
    On to the pics
    20180625_191732.jpg 20180625_195915.jpg20180625_194430.jpg20180625_202956.jpg20180625_201359.jpg
    Beautiful work!!!

I wouldn't mind learning more about actually working on these things. I am steadily gathering a lot of low dollar shitter watches to experiment with/ruin.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru