Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Watch Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    My special daily wear watch; it does everything I need it to:

Attachment 9773
    Day Date! Like it. I have some sort of memory issue and constantly use a date function on a watch.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I haven't bought a watch since my Xeric almost a year ago. You rich DeLorean owners are out buying watches and Rolls Royces and private islands and I just can't keep up with your lifestyle of excess.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    I bought a new phone today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I found and old 1980's Casio lcd watch in my stepdad's old things...does that count? Maybe ill get a battery and see if it works

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I found and old 1980's Casio lcd watch in my stepdad's old things...does that count? Maybe ill get a battery and see if it works
    Those things never die.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I bought a new phone today.

That's so funny to watch Talk admins get their panties all bunched up over a tapatalk sig. It's like kryptonite to them.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    It absolutely counts! Anything that makes you happy counts. My $10 Casio is my range watch.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Got a new band on the Gruen and I've been enjoying it for daily wear.

It was a $10.00 watch that I spent $225.00 on; having it fully serviced and made usable.

Or, I should say; my wife paid $150.00 of it as a wedding gift.

20181103_111153.jpg
    20181103_111116.jpg
    20181103_111110.jpg
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

After a lot of saving, selling and lots of research, I finally bought my grail. This second hand 1990s Omega Speedmaster automatic Schumacher edition. Not being able to afford an example of this watch stateside, I took a chance on ebay. It paid off. After importing it frim Japan, I took it directly to TimeZone in Crystal City for authentication, function test and bracelet sizing. It checked out. As the savings was substantial, I am very happy. I will get the caseback personalized so I can hopefully pass it on to my son many years from now.288622C8-7B8F-484D-9382-70579C695015.jpg
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    After a lot of saving, selling and lots of research, I finally bought my grail. This second hand 1990s Omega Speedmaster automatic Schumacher edition. Not being able to afford an example of this watch stateside, I took a chance on ebay. It paid off. After importing it frim Japan, I took it directly to TimeZone in Crystal City for authentication, function test and bracelet sizing. It checked out. As the savings was substantial, I am very happy. I will get the caseback personalized so I can hopefully pass it on to my son many years from now.288622C8-7B8F-484D-9382-70579C695015.jpg
    Father! It's me! Can you send me my watch? It's me your little dead lezzie!

Nice score! Love the dial.

I like the humblebrag getting the DMC dash in the shot. Not sure which part was humble and which was brag. The internet's first bragbrag