Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Watch Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I just got a new phone (Samsung Note 8), I know it's a year old but I don't need the latest and greatest so I think I will dust off my old smart watch and put it back into service. I bought it like 3 years ago and stopped wearing it and I really don't know why. It worked great and it was one of the few watches on the market that took pictures and video. Made answering calls and texts while working a breeze.

Does the Note8 support Dex? I have an S8 for my work phone and that one does. It's a lot more useful than I thought it'd be.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what Dex is
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Dex is a dongle, docking pad or cable that allows you to output your phone to a monitor, and connect a keyboard and mouse. On your phone you still see your normal phone, but on the monitor you see a desktop GUI, and chrome, MS Office and a bunch of other apps behave as if you're on a desktop. The dongle/replicator version is like 45 bucks. I ended up using my phone to build a presentation for work when I had no access to my laptop and wish I'd had one of those then.

One of my co-workers uses one and on many days is able to use it as his only device. It supports RDP and SSH client ts so we can connect to servers or a Windows desktop. For the cost, well worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    Dex is a dongle, docking pad or cable that allows you to output your phone to a monitor, and connect a keyboard and mouse. On your phone you still see your normal phone, but on the monitor you see a desktop GUI, and chrome, MS Office and a bunch of other apps behave as if you're on a desktop. The dongle/replicator version is like 45 bucks. I ended up using my phone to build a presentation for work when I had no access to my laptop and wish I'd had one of those then.

One of my co-workers uses one and on many days is able to use it as his only device. It supports RDP and SSH client ts so we can connect to servers or a Windows desktop. For the cost, well worth it in my opinion.
    I just checked. Note8 does support it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...le/phones/dex/

VIN
    Blog Entries
    One of the things I like about my old smart watch is the camera but I also love this watch face which has an "always on" option so no disappearing when not in use. It kills the battery, I get about 9 or 10 hours but who cares, it charges in 30 minutes.

15503649135325352388711870549427.jpg
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault