Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Watch Discussion Thread

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    We didn't make it to dinner last week, but I have reservations for Friday. Here's where we're going: https://www.aviatorrestaurant.com/

I'll unveil my new watch for my wife...she'll be thrilled that I finally have some class. I'll also be heavy and be carrying a knife as well.....
    $20 for a piece of chicken? Ya'll some fancy white people.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    $20 for a piece of chicken? Ya'll some fancy white people.
    Not me....she's the one who wants to go there. I don't like eating at restaurants, but if given a choice, I'd choose Chick fil A.

I prefer home-cooking.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Not me....she's the one who wants to go there. I don't like eating at restaurants, but if given a choice, I'd choose Chick fil A.

I prefer home-cooking.
    Women... They belong in the kitchen but they prefer eating out at restaurants. Go figure.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty cool restaurant man!
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see the watch. I'll be wearing a pocket watch for my wedding; but my "new" daily wear watch should be ready soon.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Women... They belong in the kitchen but they prefer eating out at restaurants. Go figure.
    I heard a defective sandwich maker nearly messed up a nomination!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    but my "new" daily wear watch should be ready soon.
    what's that?

I went into a high end shop in McAllen TX this week and tried on a Speedy and Seamaster just to see what it is like. If you like, you can elect to pay twice as much in a jewelry shop as you would for the same watch online. They both have a nice heft to them. The Speedy will likely jump in value after the overwhelming product placement in "First Man."

Swatch group are total whores, so I'm sure they'll pump 'em out and they will be dumped by first owners in five years.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Administrator
    VIN
    Here's a pic of my awesome new watch:

20181014_212253.jpg

Thanks Micheal....very much appreciated! My wife likes it and is glad I'm wearing a watch, of course. (BTW, I showed her Steve & Chad's watch pics...she was totally diggin' them.)

I was SO tempted to take the same pic at the restaurant (and nearly did,) but I'm too responsible of an owner to incidentally make civilians nervous.

Here's the best my wife could manage without me laying all my gear on the table...lol:

Aviator.jpg

Dinner was pretty good, but I usually consider eating out a waste of money....so there's that.

VIN
    Nice watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk