Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMC Watches and other ways to waste money

VIN
    Blog Entries

DMC Watches and other ways to waste money

With the folks at DMCH unveiling yet ANOTHER watch; binnacles, however, still remain elusive, I felt compelled to analyze it.

From the description they provide here: https://dmc-watch.com/collections/li...eam-collection

The watch has a Miyota OT45 Movement; which can be found in plenty of sub-$20.00 watches.

Does adding "DMC" to a cheap watch increase the value 6.25 times?

If so, never mind turning lead into gold, I'm going to order a couple hundred sub $3.00 travel mugs with "DMC" on them and sell them for $25.00 apiece.

The secret to making money with a DeLorean isn't selling cars, it's slapping "DMC" on Chinese crap and making a fortune.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

RACIST -25 POINTS Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...-watches/page2

Post 13. I called that way back last year. Nobody listens to truth when it comes from a racist though.
    RACIST

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yep; you're right about that.

The thought process at Houston must be: "Do we really need to make a new filter for the automatic transmission now that supplies are exhausted? Not as much as we need to make a quick buck off of rebranding a Chinese watch."
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Made to order with your VIN on the dial would have been great value added. Missed opportunity.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Made to order with your VIN on the dial would have been great value added. Missed opportunity.
    Putting your vin# on a Delorean themed watch...Only a genius would think of something like that!
    RACIST

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Behold my newest product; available for the low price of $99.99. You know it's worth it because it says "DMC" on it

20180516_124624.jpg
    -Chad K.

I really want a vintage Omega but I'm such a rube on watches I'd get ripped off

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...QAAOSw~RVaC1W1
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    I don't agree with it but you've got to give James E credit where credit is due. He is pretty much a marketing genius when it comes to pimping out a name that the Houston company has no real ties to.

I even owned the DMC logo for a small period of time. Search the patent website for DMC and you will find me in the database. I let it lapse when the government wanted to see evidence of my use of the logo. DMCH obviously had lots of evidence they had been using it (although it wasn't there creation either) so I didn't bother working up any evidence to substantiate my claim.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I wish I knew how to spell their.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I wish I knew how to spell their.
    I'm sure Rich has some kind of notification system for this. He will be here shortly.
    RACIST