Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing a Delorean from out of state

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I hate seeing these cars butchered and made into useless piles of crap.

There are too many that have already been ruined.
    More have been lost to neglect and poor storage than conversions (which bring joy and wellness to so many cancer stricken children). Hate on the old man who refuses to sell his parts car for less than 50k rather than a guy trying to cure cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    More have been lost to neglect and poor storage than conversions (which bring joy and wellness to so many cancer stricken children). Hate on the old man who refuses to sell his parts car for less than 50k rather than a guy trying to cure cancer.
    Well said.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VIN
    Blog Entries
    You see that with any car; and that's a problem, too. There are dozens of rare, historically-significant vehicles rotting because someone is going to "restore it someday." It's not exclusive to DeLoreans. What is relatively exclusive to them is that people actively seek out these cars to destroy them.

Let's not pretend that most cars that get downgraded by having panels drilled to add hundreds of pounds of garbage get used for charity. Most wind up in tourist-trap "museums" at roadside stops and will never see the light of day.

There are over 200 "time machines" out there; of that, how many are used for doing good on a regular basis? 5 seems like a high estimate based on the few I know. That means that over 195 cars are sitting around with crap shoddily bolted them and rotting all the same. There are enough of these abominations out there as it is.

To-date, there has not been a single documented example of a time machine ever being restored to stock; meaning that every car that befalls a fate receives a death sentence that will see to it that the car is removed from the road and reduced to rotting as a piece of cheap, novelty crap.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    You see that with any car; and that's a problem, too. There are dozens of rare, historically-significant vehicles rotting because someone is going to "restore it someday." It's not exclusive to DeLoreans. What is relatively exclusive to them is that people actively seek out these cars to destroy them.

Let's not pretend that most cars that get downgraded by having panels drilled to add hundreds of pounds of garbage get used for charity. Most wind up in tourist-trap "museums" at roadside stops and will never see the light of day.

There are over 200 "time machines" out there; of that, how many are used for doing good on a regular basis? 5 seems like a high estimate based on the few I know. That means that over 195 cars are sitting around with crap shoddily bolted them and rotting all the same. There are enough of these abominations out there as it is.

To-date, there has not been a single documented example of a time machine ever being restored to stock; meaning that every car that befalls a fate receives a death sentence that will see to it that the car is removed from the road and reduced to rotting as a piece of cheap, novelty crap.
    All this time and effort you are spending on trying to stop something you will never control. I understand where you are coming from but let's be honest, this car would never be this famous without the movie. Deloreans would not be known to kids now if that movie never came out. It would not be selling for as much as it is now. It would have just been a classic car that a handful of people knew about.

This is the debate that has been going on forever that I didn't want to start. You just keep poking and prodding. You are just wasting your time, these conversations will forever happen. There are way more BTTF fans than stock Delorean collectors. It's just fact.

*Mods* this thread has served its purpose for me. If you want to delete it you can. Because this thread is just going to go on forever. And people will become more upset.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    All that I can say for sure is that the evidence suggests that Time machines most likely cures kids with cancer. If only one child is saved by a conversion then it will all be worth it.

Ergo:

Anyone that doesn't like time machines wants kids to die

VIN
    Blog Entries
    DeLoreans were well known enough in the '80s that they would still have a following. This has been proven with dozens of other cars; Fieros, Excaliburs, Avantis, etc. It would be a completely different owner demographic; one that would be solely focused on the car instead of half car people and half movie fanatics. That's also why there's such a high turnover rate. In the 12 years I've owned these cars, I've seen countless people buy and sell them because they expect it to be a 5-year-old Toyota. They're not; they're quirky vehicles that require constant attention. That makes a lot of people sell them and hurts the value.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The more cars that are converted into time machines, the more my flawless pristine example will be worth. The way I see it, if approximately 3,000 more DeLoreans are converted, I will be able to retire. (And see cancer cured in my lifetime)

The more cars that are converted into time machines, the more my flawless pristine example will be worth. The way I see it, if approximately 3,000 more DeLoreans are converted, I will be able to retire. (And see cancer cured in my lifetime)
    Smart man!

Follow your bliss I guess.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    2808 6921
    After reading through this thread this is immediately the first thing that popped into mind: