VIN
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much every thread here reminds me of this

Two very accurate videos!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    After reading through this thread this is immediately the first thing that popped into mind:

Is that supposed to be some sort of Doc Brown knockoff?

In any case; since I hate seeing these cars destroyed to become an increasingly irrelevant joke, I'm never going to stop criticizing the wanton destruction of DeLoreans.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Let a 69 Charger be a 69 Charger, gnomesayin
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Let a 69 Charger be a 69 Charger, gnomesayin
    Another car with a similar fate; but, at least they can be restored to original with a coat of paint.
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    2808 6921
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Is that supposed to be some sort of Doc Brown knockoff?

In any case; since I hate seeing these cars destroyed to become an increasingly irrelevant joke, I'm never going to stop criticizing the wanton destruction of DeLoreans.
    So does that also mean you also criticize the D-Rex, Stretch D, Tow Truck D as well? Or perhaps all of the owners that hack into their cars putting all the various drive trains into them? Or is it just a solid hatred for only Time Machines. I am truly curious where you draw the line at with wanton destruction. I mean it's either that or please show me on this doll where Back to the Future touched you when you were little

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I saw on TV where Chad turned a pile of parts into a restored DeLorean
    ...and another pile of parts leftover to boot!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    So does that also mean you also criticize the D-Rex, Stretch D, Tow Truck D as well? Or perhaps all of the owners that hack into their cars putting all the various drive trains into them? Or is it just a solid hatred for only Time Machines. I am truly curious where you draw the line at with wanton destruction. I mean it's either that or please show me on this doll where Back to the Future touched you when you were little
    Yes; I think the "D-Rex" is stupid; the limo, too. To my knowledge, the "tow truck" wasn't a real car.

Of those, I like the limo the most. It's made from damaged umderbodies and wrecked cars. It actually shows a degree of creativity. The monster truck is stupid, as the car could easily be put on a stock suspension and made roadworthy again. The DeLorean parts are completely wasted and are little more than a hood ornament.

My criticism with the time machine is that it's a hack job. It was designed to look like crap was haphazardly bolted to a car.

The first DeLorean I saw was in a museum; I thought it was beautiful and unlike anything else I'd seen. It wouldn't be until years later that I saw one in a promo for BTTF and my first thought was how ugly it made the car; the sleek lines ruined by adding random crap.

I didn't grow up loving BTTF or get introduced to the DeLorean through it. To me, a time machine is a beautiful car intentionally made ugly and destroyed because the owner doesn't care about the car itself; only the movie.
    -Chad K.