Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: As far as I'm concerned, the Concours Manual is hate speech

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Am I like, some unwashed heathen for not running a thermostat? Thermostats are FAKE NEWS.
    Unless you have a diesel; I'd agree.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Best Concours story ever: DCS 2014 NightFlyer Josh went on a mini-tirade (about the concours judging) in front of the crowd when he accepted his award...and the POGS shouted [in solidarity] from their table in the crowd. Awesome....amiright Steve & Andrew?
    You are correct! I was there! NightFlyer Josh is truly one of a kind. They also dinged him for snap in valve stems, which the POGS confirmed were QAC original installs (the POGS were required to dismount the brand new tires and remove the bolt in stems and replace them with snap in stems.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post

The pain is real...
    Like Fibromyalgia?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It would have been a lot easier and cheaper for Farrar to have sourced a stock engine for his car. I removed and reinstalled my engine to do my clutch. Other than having to spend $200 on an engine hoist, it really wasn't too big of a job. A lot easier than building a frankenstein engine and having to deal with other headaches such as a different AC compressor.
    I have been considering my own Frankenstein engine build. I've studied Farrar's 3.0 swap and decided that I should be able to build an even fire 3.0 with 2.8 heads and a modified AMC I6 distributor. With this build I won't have to drill holes for the distributor or mechanical fuel pump nor will I need adapter plates for the intake.

I'll be picking up a low mileage junkyard 3.0 after I complete the 307 to 403 swap on my 1985 Toronado.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I have been considering my own Frankenstein engine build. I've studied Farrar's 3.0 swap and decided that I should be able to build an even fire 3.0 with 2.8 heads and a modified AMC I6 distributor. With this build I won't have to drill holes for the distributor or mechanical fuel pump nor will I need adapter plates for the intake.

I'll be picking up a low mileage junkyard 3.0 after I complete the 307 to 403 swap on my 1985 Toronado.
    Don't forget you will need to replace the alternator and A.C. compressor as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)