Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As far as I'm concerned, the Concours Manual is hate speech

VIN
    Blog Entries
    My DeLorean runs AND has a sound roof box.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Bill told me something behind Farrar's back a long time ago. Apparently Bill was right.
    I wonder if it's similar to what he told me when I offered to help.
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    It would have been a lot easier and cheaper for Farrar to have sourced a stock engine for his car. I removed and reinstalled my engine to do my clutch. Other than having to spend $200 on an engine hoist, it really wasn't too big of a job. A lot easier than building a frankenstein engine and having to deal with other headaches such as a different AC compressor.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I wonder if it's similar to what he told me when I offered to help.
    Years ago, Bill told me "Farrar's car will never run again." He even laughed while telling me thing. Then the car ended up spending a couple of years in Bill's driveway. Bill was nice enough to get it running, but the coolant system is full of rust.

Its really ironic because Bill is the one who made fun of Farrar, not me. I got upset and said some nasty things when Farrar deleted his thread from DMCToday, and rightly so because my feelings were hurt. I still am clueless as to what set Farrar off against me, but oh well.

Maybe its political, I don't know. It certainly did turn that way with Bill. I just can't comprehend having a friendship with someone where the other isn't allowed to have different beliefs.

Anyway, end of rant.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Bill told me not to waste my time helping Farrar, as he'd mess with his car so it wouldn't run afterwards.
    -Chad K.

VIN
    My DeLorean runs AND has a sound roof box.
    Now that hurts. Someday I need to either buy another Delorean with a good roof box or cough up the money and have the repair done.

DMCH quoted me something around $7,500 to do the job last year.

DPI quoted me $6k to $8k to do the job a few months ago. Now the DPI website says $8,995.

The pain is real...

VIN
    Bill told me not to waste my time helping Farrar, as he'd mess with his car so it wouldn't run afterwards.
    Yep. Bill used to tell me stuff like that all the time. I guess Bill wasn't smart enough to take his own advice.

same same RE: "Farrar's car will never run again." For the record, I think it will run eventually. If he was going to give up he would have thrown in the towel a long time ago, so I give him credit for hanging in there like Robin Williams.

DPI has some really nice stuff but the price tag is hard to swallow. I can't feed and clothe my sprog and pay $2K each side for vented front rotors.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    same same RE: "Farrar's car will never run again." For the record, I think it will run eventually. If he was going to give up he would have thrown in the towel a long time ago, so I give him credit for hanging in there like Robin Williams.

DPI has some really nice stuff but the price tag is hard to swallow. I can't feed and clothe my sprog and pay $2K each side for vented front rotors.

To give him credit, Farrar's car does run. He just needs to flush the lines, replace the thermostat, water pump, and radiator. Maybe throw in a new heater core while he is at it. I helped Farrar replace his heater core once, so at least he already knows how to do the job.

The million dollar question is, how long will it take until he does those things?

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    To give him credit, Farrar's car does run. He just needs to flush the lines, replace the thermostat, water pump, and radiator. Maybe throw in a new heater core while he is at it. I helped Farrar replace his heater core once, so at least he already knows how to do the job.

The million dollar question is, how long will it take until he does those things?
    Am I like, some unwashed heathen for not running a thermostat? Thermostats are FAKE NEWS.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru