Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Realization: bringatrailer does not really exist to sell cars

Realization: bringatrailer does not really exist to sell cars

It's main purpose is to serve as a home to those who wish to bloviate in the comments section. The attraction is obvious: after you proclaim yourself as an expert, you win the admiration of hundreds, perhaps thousands of other readers who are impressed at your two cents.

This brilliant observation was spawned from reading the comments section in the black and gold John-Player-wannabe Delorean. Okay, the car looks kinda meh. But one of the comments was that he could tell the "recall work wasn't done" and another that the car did not benefit from "3,000 production changes" over two years. There was a very good point made about the fuel lines needing to be urgently replaced.

While I'll get pillaried for this, or perhaps Hillary'ed, does anybody *really* give a shit about recall work on a Delorean? After all this time, I don't even know what most of the "recall" work was. Okay, a metal shield over the throttle cable spool. Or something. And it's not like the production changes were essential.

What is essential is to shit on someone's car sale; that's VERY important.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    I don't even know the differences between rims, yet Delorean nerds go nuts about the smallest details.

To me, it just has to run and make toast.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The original post lacks the proper maintenance and recall records. I'm calling BS.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    The original post lacks the proper maintenance and recall records. I'm calling BS.
    It almost looks like something a bot would write.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    There was a very good point made about the fuel lines needing to be urgently replaced.
    FWIW, I'm the one who brought up the original fuel lines.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    FWIW, I'm the one who brought up the original fuel lines.
    Yes, valid and caused the seller to at least buy replacements. But more importantly, do you agree that sometimes people are just sale shitters? Does grunting out a sloppy steamer on someone's sale release orgasmic endorphins?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Yes, valid and caused the seller to at least buy replacements. But more importantly, do you agree that sometimes people are just sale shitters? Does grunting out a sloppy steamer on someone's sale release orgasmic endorphins?
    Y'all are confusing me. Is this some sort of seller on ebay?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

VIN
    Yes I have seen this more often than I'd like. The worst part of the DeLorean sales on BAT are the movie refs.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Y'all are confusing me. Is this some sort of seller on ebay?

It's just a general observation. You should offer up something for sale so I can shit on it.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    It's just a general observation. You should offer up something for sale so I can shit on it.
    I suppose I could list my car on eBay for $50,000. Bring a trailer...