Thread: What about Porsche 924/944/928. Anybody want to talk about that?

What about Porsche 924/944/928. Anybody want to talk about that?

Probably not because you're all a bunch of dumb f#*&ing rednecks. CASH ME OUSSIDE!

No doubt, eighties dorks that we are , we all have our stories even if we didn't own one ourselves. My brother was crazy about them and bought his first beater 924 in 1988. He never got that one going, but went through more than a few 944s after that. His last was a pristine 1985 944, black on black, and then he went over a protruding manhole cover during a flash flood and knocked out the bottom of the engine oil pan. Game over, man, game over.

I always liked the look of the late 70s 924s the most, but the cars as a whole were always something of a broken promise. A belt that breaks and destroys the engine? Fuggedaboutit. Also, I never heard someone say, "I had a 944 that went 100K miles trouble free." Why the fudge couldn't figure out a way to use a goshdarn *chain* and forge certain internals like, say, a freakin' Toyota Corolla. Engineering my ass.

Someone posted this video on a fb group I belong to and it captures that 80s feel very well. It almost makes you want to peruse C/L before coming to your senses.

Sorry for calling you dumb rednecks. It's my envy of the cool kids talking, which you guys truly are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlc...ature=youtu.be
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

RACIST -25 POINTS Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I loved the first gen 928's especially some of the color choices. The interior decor really spoke to me. That was a 70's player's car if I ever saw one.

In the early 90s, I sat in one brand new in the showroom. Black with a white, a white interior. The carpet was so plush I never really bottomed out. It was gorgeous.

VIN
    One of our local guys, Brian, bought a Porsche 928 a couple of years ago. For a while he was trying to get me to buy one, and I was pretty dang tempted. Let me see if I can get him to chime in.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Steve, I just got your message on FB. The timing is uncanny, as I am sitting here waiting for an auto transport to arrive any minute take my (soon to be former) Porsche 928 to it's new owner in AZ.

They are absolutely beautiful cars and they are extremely fast, especially for their time. They are true GT cars and are designed to cruise at triple digit speeds all day. On the Autobahn of course...

These cars are also VERY under appreciated and EXTREMELY undervalued. I took quite a bath on this one, but still not as bad as when I sold my Delorean! LOL! Now that I am out of the game, I'm sure these things will skyrocket in value, much like the case of my experience with Deloreans. If anyone has been wanting a 924/944/968/928 now isn't a bad time to get in, price-wise. However, the majority of them have been beaten on and many have been service neglected. As they depreciated to the point where dreamers could afford them, they couldn't necessarily afford Porsche service which these cars desperately require. If those owners couldn't turn their own wrenches, the cars went without, and many wound up in a downward spiral of deterioration.

My dad had a 944 Turbo back in '88 and my father-in law has had a few 911's and even a 930 Turbo. I'd be happy to talk Porsche if anyone is so inclined. I may also be able to help talk you out of one! LOL!

Apparently George Harrison had a 928 which was sold not too long ago? It's mentioned at the bottom of this article... and the featured Mercedes is quite nice too. $63K USD isn't too bad for a great machine that you can verify all 3 living Beatles rode in.

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-36628527.html
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    $63k isn't bad for any classic car that is well built. Some Delorean owners have that much in these basket case cars and their cars are still crap.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Probably not because you're all a bunch of dumb f#*&ing rednecks. CASH ME OUSSIDE!

No doubt, eighties dorks that we are , we all have our stories even if we didn't own one ourselves. My brother was crazy about them and bought his first beater 924 in 1988. He never got that one going, but went through more than a few 944s after that. His last was a pristine 1985 944, black on black, and then he went over a protruding manhole cover during a flash flood and knocked out the bottom of the engine oil pan. Game over, man, game over.

I always liked the look of the late 70s 924s the most, but the cars as a whole were always something of a broken promise. A belt that breaks and destroys the engine? Fuggedaboutit. Also, I never heard someone say, "I had a 944 that went 100K miles trouble free." Why the fudge couldn't figure out a way to use a goshdarn *chain* and forge certain internals like, say, a freakin' Toyota Corolla. Engineering my ass.

Someone posted this video on a fb group I belong to and it captures that 80s feel very well. It almost makes you want to peruse C/L before coming to your senses.

Sorry for calling you dumb rednecks. It's my envy of the cool kids talking, which you guys truly are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlc...ature=youtu.be
    I Love 944's!
    I have had two of them, my first was a beater 82 NA, and my second was a pristine 83 NA!
    Great handling and a joy to drive!
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean
    2001 Toyota Yaris Verso
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

VIN
    The best thing about the 924/928/944 cars is that they dont look like a sooped up vw bug...and the engine is in the proper end of the car.