Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ready Player One Thread

VIN

The Ready Player One Thread

Delorean nerds are getting all worked up over this Ready Player One movie predicting it will have the same effect on Deloreans as BTTF did.

The movie is being produced and directed by Steven Spielberg, but I honestly think everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

When The Wedding Singer came out, everyone thought the movie was going to feature a Delorean. In reality, it just turned out to be a crappy movie that had a car that looked like a Delorean in it for about five seconds.

I have a feeling its going to be the same deal with this movie. This movie sounds so much like other movies that have already been done such as Avatar and some other VR movies I can't remember the names of.

I like 80s stuff, but a computer generated VR world just isn't for me. I miss the old school special effects like Kevin Pike used to do.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I agree. In BTTF, the car was the star. It was an essential piece to the story. No other movie has ever featured it so prominently. Ready P1 will not either. I doubt it will have any kind of lasting effect on DeLoreans both as a pop culture icon or in the value.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I agree. In BTTF, the car was the star. It was an essential piece to the story. No other movie has ever featured it so prominently. Ready P1 will not either. I doubt it will have any kind of lasting effect on DeLoreans both as a pop culture icon or in the value.
    The essential piece to this story is a virtual reality helmet, not a car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    I think it's going to be awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.....you grouchy [thug] pricks!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I think it's going to be awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.....you grouchy [thug] pricks!
    I'm looking forward to watching it too. If you notice neither one of us judged the movie but merely speculated it's effect on DeLorean values.

Ok maybe Steve sold it short but I didn't, and that's all that matters.

VIN
    I'll probably watch it but I don't expect it to be any better than AI. Incidentally, I wasn't really impressed with the AI movie.

VIN
    Speaking of movies, did anyone watch the new Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie?

For the record, I enjoyed "The Wedding Singer."

I got past the first "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" movie but no further. Kind of reminded me of "Innerspace" with Dennis Quaid and Martin Short.

I think "Avatar" sucked.

I won't share my crappy car at any showings of "Ready Player One" not just because it's crappy, but also because one of my Dad's handmade exhaust brackets broke and I have to call Associated Industries Delorean Service to make a new one.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    For the record, I enjoyed "The Wedding Singer."

I got past the first "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" movie but no further. Kind of reminded me of "Innerspace" with Dennis Quaid and Martin Short.

I think "Avatar" sucked.

I won't share my crappy car at any showings of "Ready Player One" not just because it's crappy, but also because one of my Dad's handmade exhaust brackets broke and I have to call Associated Industries Delorean Service to make a new one.
    Those guys are douches. I called them with an offer to sell the remain g stock of transmission filters and they said only homos drive autos and they were not interested in my hack mod.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Those guys are douches. I called them with an offer to sell the remain g stock of transmission filters and they said only homos drive autos and they were not interested in my hack mod.
    Fag

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk