Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of a kind DeLorean watch

VIN
    Blog Entries

One of a kind DeLorean watch

So I bought this stainless watch I want to say about 9 years ago but I'm pretty sure I got it well before my DeLorean and that makes it around 10 or 11 years old. It had nothing to do with the car but it sure reminded me of my dream car.
    Anyway I took it to the laser engravers a week ago and today I picked it up. It was an afterthought to do my vin on the side but I think it's a nice touch.

20180228_185648.jpg20180228_183516.jpgdwatch2.jpg

Administrator
    VIN
    You have the coolest ideas of any guy I know.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Very nice. That's the type of interesting product that would entice me to buy a watch that says DeLorean.

As of late, I've been experimenting with Lord Elgin watches and it's been fun.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

LOL UR watch sux!

Little life lesson for ya: have the guts to design, fabricate and wear your own watch

IMG_0681.JPG
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Some bitch stole my idea

That is pretty nice. When I was running my business I hoped to get a Delorean so I could show up to meetings and meet customers in it. They'd always remember me as the "Delorean Kid" and it'd help keep me in their minds when they needed anything. Sadly, the business died long before I got the Delorean.

Speaking of watches.

Here's one I just inherited from my Dad. He wore this Seiko fairly often. My mom says she probably paid $300 for it in 1987. The inflation calculator says that would be $656 in today's money. This same watch, still being manufactured today can be had new for $160. Goods are so much cheaper these days. It's a little too "80s Champagne" for me but of course I'll wear it and treasure it due to the connection with him. Assuming I can remember to find a battery.

Dadwatch.jpg

Although I haven't worn a watch in maybe 20 years, here's the one I wore in the 80s and early 90s. It's just a cheap Casio, but I liked it so much that I wore out a few bands. You can tell I wore it a lot, based on how beat up it is.

Casio Watch.jpg

I was going to buy a new band and battery for it, but as it turns out when you take shipping into account, it's cheaper to buy the entire watch, still being made and offered at under $12.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-Quartz-...ds=casio+watch

I guess when big manufacturers start making a watch, they don't ever stop.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Must be a peach of a battery. I buy them 6 to 12 at a time on ebay for around a buck each with free shipping. Some of the more common sizes can be found at the dollar store for cards with 3 batteries on them.

Still a pretty watch, 80's gold is kind of in these days. What's the battery size?

I think it is an Energizer 371. I think. Dad took the old one out so I have to guess using the internets. CVS and Safeway didn't have it.

I'll trade you a Casio like my old one for this beat up beauty I got in the early 90s

Other.old.watch.jpg
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    371 is a common battery but probably not found at the dollar store. eBay however has them for about 1.50 each on average w/ free shipping.