Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix school shootings

VIN
    Blog Entries

How to fix school shootings

In the news this morning, all I heard from "one size fits all" politicians was "how do we stop this?" and other crap like "we need to ban AR15's" and the typical crap from both left and right. How many more children are they going to let die before they
    ARM THE FUCKING TEACHERS!?

I read how a coach jumped in front of gunfire to save children, too bad he didn't have a Glock helping him out. Too bad political correctness prevented him from being armed because he was clearly in a position to put a stop to it right there.

ARM THE FUCKING TEACHERS!

VIN

How to prevent mass shootings

Fast forward to 2:19 if you are too lazy to watch the whole video.

Sadly, some people believe putting up signs is the answer.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

The answer is multi pronged, but if the kid is at the door with a lot of firepower, you're already late.

None of these Congressmen seem to know what to do. But we expend a lot of money keeping *them* safe through protective intelligence: threats come in, are assessed and mitigated as a priority. We could adopt the same model and change the landscape of school shootings by adopting the same model with school children as protectees. You need about 50 good people to start. That's it. Trained threat investigators and psychologists who assess risk and refer the very bad cases to locals can make a difference.

Relying on the Failure Bureau of Investigation is no longer an option. They are more interested in funding Dossiers and spying on opposition candidates and convincing the citizenry that Russian facebook ads stole the election.

But the debate is and always will be feel-good gun legislation that will continue to leave schools vulnerable.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    That teacher who sacrificed his life for kids was a hero. He was on the front line. The situation might have been a lot different had he been packing heat.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Totally agree, and there are a few male teachers at my kids' school that I've always hoped are heavy without others knowing.

Another viewpoint: I have discussed the problem with people who work with troubled kids who exhibit all the worst mental illness. Laws have shifted in the last 25 years in favor of everything being about their rights. These kids who have profound mental illness are sent home and to their own devices. In other words, it is VERY hard to get a kid committed.

However anyone feels about it, everyone should agree that if you have a kid in a school, in this dysfunctional system, that child is a sitting duck.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    At a school everyone is a sitting duck. It needs to change. Trying to identify who is mentally ill may work(are you going to jail and commit everyone who was quiet and shy?) but in many cases it was all "he was a nice guy, never would have thought..." Screw that. Put a defense system in place now and I don't mean a single resource officer with a .380 to guard an entire campus. Deal with the mental identifying AFTER you have a defense system in place, then you can focus on prevention.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Another viewpoint: I have discussed the problem with people who work with troubled kids who exhibit all the worst mental illness. Laws have shifted in the last 25 years in favor of everything being about their rights. These kids who have profound mental illness are sent home and to their own devices. In other words, it is VERY hard to get a kid committed.

However anyone feels about it, everyone should agree that if you have a kid in a school, in this dysfunctional system, that child is a sitting duck.

When I was a kid, some of us smart alick (however its spelled) would tell our teachers/principle, "But what about our rights?"

The answer was always the same, "Your rights end the moment you walk through those school doors." We feared the principle and shit like this didn't happen.

VIN
    Blog Entries

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Made me sick when everyone changed their profile pictures to the French Flag. Go out an buy a gun, don't sit on your sofa posting BS on facebook.