Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So.......

VIN
    We really do need to create a Black History Month thread on this forum. Here is another controversial video.

I showed this to one of my black friends about ten years ago. When Sam, first saw it he was in shock for a few seconds, then he said, "Thats Racist!" After 30 or so seconds of shock, he started singing along with the song and told me he liked it.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    I was driving home from work a few days ago, and saw [in the oncoming lane] there was a cop car pulled over onto the shoulder. Something didn't look/feel right; no hazard lights or "cop lights," just a right-directional (ticket-able offense, BTW.)

I slowed down as I passed and saw two cops sitting in the car; again, seemed odd. I decided to turn around and ask them if everthang is OK.

I turned around and came up behind them and now the male cop is outside, pushing the car from behind. I drove past to re-process the situation, and turned around again.

I pulled alongside and asked if I can help with something. The female cop asks: "wanna take him for some gas? We're out of gas."

I took the cop a few miles down the road for gas, and we both remarked about how many cars drove past but nobody stopped to help. There must've been at least 30 cars drive past during the time I was doing a few "drive-bys." Dafuq is wrong with people these days?!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I was driving home from work a few days ago, and saw [in the oncoming lane] there was a cop car pulled over onto the shoulder. Something didn't look/feel right; no hazard lights or "cop lights," just a right-directional (ticket-able offense, BTW.)

I slowed down as I passed and saw two cops sitting in the car; again, seemed odd. I decided to turn around and ask them if everthang is OK.

I turned around and came up behind them and now the male cop is outside, pushing the car from behind. I drove past to re-process the situation, and turned around again.

I pulled alongside and asked if I can help with something. The female cop asks: "wanna take him for some gas? We're out of gas."

I took the cop a few miles down the road for gas, and we both remarked about how many cars drove past but nobody stopped to help. There must've been at least 30 cars drive past during the time I was doing a few "drive-bys." Dafuq is wrong with people these days?!
    Very nice. To be honest I thought this story was going to take a different direction. I thought you were going to approach them only to have the cops draw down on you. Maybe I answered the question of why nobody stopped. The image of the friendly neighborhood police officer has been executed by the media and fringe elements.

VIN
    I hate to say it, but unless it was a super small community, I would have kept driving. I find it very strange that the police didn't radio for help. I also find it strange that they were out of gas. I suppose it could happen to anyone, but for someone who drives everyday for their job, they should have some sort of routine.

I drive about 200 miles a day. Part of my routine is to fill the car up with gas every morning, whether I need it or not.

Something just sounds fishy. Of course, Rich was there and I wasn't. Hopefully they gave him a get out of jail card.

gas.jpg
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I hate to say it, but unless it was a super small community, I would have kept driving. I find it very strange that the police didn't radio for help. I also find it strange that they were out of gas. I suppose it could happen to anyone, but for someone who drives everyday for their job, they should have some sort of routine.

I drive about 200 miles a day. Part of my routine is to fill the car up with gas every morning, whether I need it or not.

Something just sounds fishy. Of course, Rich was there and I wasn't. Hopefully they gave him a get out of jail card.

gas.jpg
    Here's my honest (biased) eyes-on-the-ground assessment:

-The area is well-traveled, but in the Adirondack park, so not a lot of gas stations.
    -Both cops looked like millennials ('nuff said.)

That said, I totally agree....pretty lame that someone who drives everyday didn't better assess the situation. BTW, I did make a millennial joke to the guy...I told him: "I would've jumped out with my cellphone to take pics, but I'm not a friggin' millennial." -lol

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    BTW, I did make a millennial joke to the guy...I told him: "I would've jumped out with my cellphone to take pics, but I'm not a friggin' millennial." -lol
    If you had jumped out and pointed a cell phone, your chances of getting the bad end of a failure drill would have been tripled.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    We really do need to create a Black History Month thread on this forum. Here is another controversial video.

I showed this to one of my black friends about ten years ago. When Sam, first saw it he was in shock for a few seconds, then he said, "Thats Racist!" After 30 or so seconds of shock, he started singing along with the song and told me he liked it.
    Yep. Now stuck in my head. Thanks...
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    ~snip~ The image of the friendly neighborhood police officer has been executed by the media and fringe elements.

~snip~
    The cops around here are pretty nice....like the rest of the people in this area. I believe that if the general population has a high percentage of assholes, the cops will be no exception (neither will the clerks, postal workers...etc.) and vice-versa.

Example of a cop in my town: tonight when I came home very late, I saw an unfamiliar car parked on my street. It was facing the wrong way, where nobody ever parks, and the windows were blocked off. It's 2AM and I'm really tired so I didn't want to investigate solo. I drove into the center of town and found a few cops & asked them to check it out. The cop followed me there to investigate and ran the plate. It was just a dude from out of the area sleeping in his car.

The sheriff explained why the police were contacted, told the dude he wasn't going to ticket him or run his license, pointed out the suspicious nature of his parking, and gave him directions to a nearby parking lot where he could park & sleep....done.

Nobody was tased, shot, pepper-sprayed or beaten, and I thanked the cop for his time.
    -