Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a stunning new watch

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    To my knowledge Rolex doesn't offer a tourbillon and that is a terrible mistake. It's a beautiful movement (as long as it's visible). This is my baby. I never thought I would own a real tourbillon, but thanks to the Chinese, I was able to buy this one about 6 or 7 years ago. I am and will always be fascinated with the intricacies of a real complexion, it started with a family heirloom pocket watch left in my care. When I removed the back and saw that 21 jewel movement for the very first time, I was hooked. It simply amazed me that something that intricate and complex could be made so small, and considering it was over 100 years old was even more impressive. Ever since my dad gave me that pocket watch I have been in love with time pieces. It is literally a work of art that you wear on your wrist.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    That is beautiful. Most days, I wear an Elgin Executive because of the visible movement. The only two complaints I have about is is that it's very difficult to read from 11:00 to 1:00 and that a date feature would be a nice addition.

Picture027.jpg

I could stare at the movement running for hours and have never understood why many companies hide it away.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I don't like about mine is at 38mm it's a bit small. I like them big and thick.
    Shut up Sam

VIN

I saw those Xeric watches and the ridiculously low price and thought it would probably fly apart within a week or two. Let us know how it goes!

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    I saw those Xeric watches and the ridiculously low price and thought it would probably fly apart within a week or two. Let us know how it goes!
    Yeah had it not been for the 50% off coupon I doubt I would have pulled the trigger.
    Trust me it will not fly apart. Some of these Chinese movements may be fairly cheap but they are quite robust and accurate. Even if it does break, I do have a pretty good warranty on it.
    I am very very impressed with the build quality of the watch. The crystals (all three) are installed with no visible glue and are distortion free. The strap is a very well known and reputable leather maker and the whole watch really has a high dollar feel to it. This paticular movement is rated at +/- 45 seconds per 24 hours and after 3 days, I can't tell that it's lost or gained a minute although using the hour hand as it's sole reading, it's not exactly a "to the second" kind of watch.
    I can't wait to wear it out in public.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    If you can't find a watch here that turns your screws then you are just not a watch guy.

Rich needs a watch

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    That is beautiful. Most days, I wear an Elgin Executive because of the visible movement. The only two complaints I have about is is that it's very difficult to read from 11:00 to 1:00 and that a date feature would be a nice addition.

Picture027.jpg

I could stare at the movement running for hours and have never understood why many companies hide it away.
    Minty!! A little small for my taste but very attractive!