Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2018 - St. Charles, IL 8/15 through 8/19

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I've been to 2 DCS's with you in the past 4 years, had a room share both times, and you wanna talk about shit that happened in 2012?

Foul!
    Dont worry. I think it was just me and Bill that shared a room in Orlando.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    I'll be there!

Rich W sent me the details and asked me to post them on here, but Chad already beat me to it.

By the way, St. Charles is a very nice, safe area, 40 miles and a world away from the issues of Chicago. In fact, I lived there from 1991 until 2004!

Outside of Cook County, most of Illinois, including DuPage County where Pheasant Run is located, is solidly Republican. However, Cook County is roughly 40% of the State's population.

VIN
    Update from Facebook:

Happy New Year! Hotel Registration is now open for DCS 2018 at the Mega Center at Pheasant Run Resort.

The DCS 2018 Discounted Room Rates are as follows:

Golf Rooms $99/night (may be renovated by Summer 2018.)
    Tower Rooms $119/night (renovated in Winter/Spring 2017)
    Loft Suites $189/night (recent renovation, but also less use)

Also available at reduced rates (detailed on the hotel registration website):
    Whirlpool Suites, Executive Suites, Family Suites and Tower Penthouse Suites.

Please note the PRR Hotel Registration website is a little "clunky" and we continue working with the PRR Tech Staff to better clarify the button functions on the custom DCS 2018 link.

The opening page of the custom DCS 2018 Registration link lists all of the available days for Discounted Rates (Monday, August 13 through Monday, August 20, 2018.), for those who will want to book "shoulder days" on either side of DCS, in addition to the DCS 2018 Event dates.

Note: All these dates do not get pre-populated (as the default) in the Registration link page.

The DCS 2018 Event Dates are Wednesday, August 15 through Sunday, August 19, 2018.

The DeLorean Car Show event itself is easy to remember, since it is on Saturday 08/18/18.

Until (or if) the Hotel Registration website link is updated for better clarity, please use the following recommendations to get through the Registration process.

When you go to register, Do NOT Close the text that says "Please Join us for the DeLorean Convention and Show". That will clear the Event Discount Code from the registration process.

The "Complete Registration" button should be displayed as a "Start Registration" button, but it does function as a Start button, with the range of dates "highlighted" but not yet selected, and the Discount Code for DCS 2018 is pre-populated correctly. At this point, the rest of the Hotel Registration process seems to function properly and does not need any further clarification.

DCS 2018 PRR Hotel Registration link:

https://reservations.travelclick.com...roupID=2089017

DCS 2018 Event Registration should be available by sometime during January 2018.
    DCS 2018 Dinners (with Keynote Speakers) will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

More details to follow.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    I just made a reservation with two beds. The reservation let me claim four people without the price going up. Check in is Wed, August 15 and checkout is Sunday, August 19. The full price is $548 and if we can get four people in the room we will only end up paying $137 a person. Normally I skip the Wed event and don't book a room for four nights, but there is going to be a sort of a tech day on Wed which I plan to be there for.

Lets hope we can fill this classy room with as much white trash as possible. The more people in the room, the cheaper it is for everyone.

DCS 2018.jpg

Administrator
    VIN
    My questions of the day are: is Tom going, WTF is up with his Facebook page, and did he really sell a house for a million dollars.

VIN
    Tom seems to be ome of those far right Republicans that is obsessed with hating the Clintons.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Tom seems to be ome of those far right Republicans that is obsessed with hating the Clintons.

Keep scrolling until you get to the flamefest...you'll see what I mean -lol

VIN
    Hear ye, hear ye! DCS Registration is open!

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

Event Registration is now Open for DeLorean Convention & Show.

Thanks to all the attendees of DCS 2016 that "Early Registered"
    for DCS 2018 over the past few weeks. We appreciate all of your
    ongoing support of DCS and a registration discount was a small
    Thank You from the DCS Planning Team.

DCS 2018 will have more new DMC VIPs and new BTTF VIPs at
    this year's Convention and many returning VIPs from DCS 2016.
    The tentative convention summary is listed in another post and
    Event Details are subject to change as VIP Guests confirm.

With a smaller DCS Planning Team, we were unable to provide a
    Raffle Car (to help reduce costs), however we were able to keep
    most of the costs the same as DCS 2016, except for the Event
    Registration, which is similar to Celebration Exotic Car Festival, FL.

When compared to costs for other events, like Comic Con's and
    World of Wheels shows, the per day costs for DCS is reasonable
    and affordable, and when paired with the Dinners and Keynote
    Speaker Presentations, DCS is an awesome, rare DMC experience.

Please note Registration prices cover VIP Guest travel, their hotel
    and dinner costs, so the more DCS Dinners you attend, the more
    value is added to your DCS experience. VIP Guests continue to
    confirm, so check the forums and social media for the current list.

Many may recall, we had the last minute addition of sketches of
    DeLoreans, by Mr. Giugiaro, that were raffled off at one dinner at
    DCS 2016, and these were only available to dinner attendees.
    All of our DCS Keynote Speakers add value to the DCS Dinners.

DCS Registration is now OPEN to the public, at Regular Cost,
    through July 15. A Late Registration fee applies after July 16.

DCS 2018 Regular Registration Link (for the General Public)

http://deloreanconvention.com/registration-2018.php

Thank you for supporting the DeLorean Convention and Show.
    We hope to see many of you at the Mega Center for DCS 2018.

Regards,

DCS 2018 Planning Team

VIN
    Rich and Tony are doing an amazing job on this project. If you are planning to attend, register as soon as you can since this helps them with the funding to make this happen.

In the past, I have not attended the Thursday night dinner. I went ahead and signed up for all dinners this time, mostly as an effort to pay a little extra for the hard work Rich and Tony are putting into this.

Anyway. I pity the fool who don't sign up for DCS soon!

The hotel room is already booked and anyone that wants to share just let me know.

Administrator
    VIN
    My DeLorean life is not looking good for 2018; at this time, I'm not planning to make it to DCS. I started a kitchen remodeling project that has snowballed into something more life-consuming than I expected.