Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2018 - St. Charles, IL 8/15 through 8/19

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    What else was cancelled other than appearances by Klaus and Colleen?
    Colleen is the most recent.

Additionally:

Dan Shea (Colleen's brother.)
    Bill Collins
    George Levy
    Klaus Steiner (Wolfgang Hank still attending.)

I also learned that Chris N. won't be at DCS this year (although he wasn't announced, I was assuming he'd be there.)

If I hadn't already influenced Jimmy to go, I'd cancel and use my time off to visit Michigan this Fall (with or without my car.)

VIN
    Oh, I forgot about George having to cancel. I sat down and chatted with him for a bit on non-DeLorean stuff which was interesting. But there is a round of new folks this year so a few cancellations are OK.

PLUS ALL OF YOUR BEST BUDDIES IN THE UNIVERSE WILL BE THERE
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

Administrator
    VIN
    ~snip~
    Roger that!

We will all still have fun. . Unless they stop selling beer ....if that happens ....well they can burn in hell

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post

I also learned that Chris N. won't be at DCS this year (although he wasn't announced, I was assuming he'd be there.)
    Chris N. has a pretty good reason for not making it to this years show. Its nothing drama related, just has more important stuff going on than these cars right now which I'm not at liberty to discuss online.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Amen. I was thinking to myself how events such as DCS are a nice "safe space" for us Delorean owners. We can park our cars, hang out for a few days, and don't have to deal with the idiots stalking us over our cars. Rich W basically takes care of the stalkers for us while we get to enjoy hanging out with fellow nerds for a few days.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I feel like DCS is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    We will all still have fun. . Unless they stop selling beer ....if that happens ....well they can burn in hell
    Haha...! I like yer attitude, mister!

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Amen. I was thinking to myself how events such as DCS are a nice "safe space" for us Delorean owners. ~snip~
    Did you really just say "safe space?!" How 'bout I bring you millennials some coloring books & hot cocoa too?!

We can park our cars, hang out for a few days, and don't have to deal with the idiots stalking us over our cars.
    Right....you get to deal with this idiot for a few days instead!

I told Jimmy I would introduce him to all the cool guys and looking forward to you meeting him as well.....we'll have a good crew.

I know we'll have a good time, I'm just getting disappointed about all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I feel like DCS is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes.
    Lol....not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    ~snip~ Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Same here..!

Why not join us for the room share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    +1

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    I'm bringing a bunch of Michigan beer but I can only fit so much in these tiny-ass trunks.

On Google Maps it looks like area around Pheasant Run is a fresh hell of chain restaurants. Hopefully Andrew knows where the good dives are because I'm not really a "lets get drunk at Chilis" kind of guy.
    -Luke / 10270 / Turbo / EFI

Nah me either. Lol get drunk at chilis hilarious . We need to find a place that has a shitty rock band or 80s metal on a juke box