Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1269's Getting Stolen From Me

VIN
    Oh my gosh I just saw this and I think itís ludicrous. What kind of mother DO you have ? ! ?
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    Michael , as always, you are a Godsend.
    Total respect future boy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Michael , as always, you are a Godsend.
    Total respect future boy
    I have Lou's respect!

Now if you go make me a sammich, you would have my respect.

VIN
    Thanks guys, I do appreciate it. Just figured I'd ask around.

To answer Lou's question: Ya'll might find out if she storms this place next. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
    Angela N.
    Proud owner of "DeLores"- VIN 1269

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

VIN
    What about “possession is 9/10ths of the law” ?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

VIN
    Michael, I made you a sammich back when you originally asked me a few years back. It’s been sitting on my counter waiting for you to come by ever since. Bread is a bit green but just consider it extra nutrients. LoL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All original

Administrator
    VIN
    Were you 18 on the day of that the purchase transaction was made? Also is your name on the title along with your mother's name?

VIN
    I was 18, yes. I'll double check on the title, if I can get to it, but I'm sure they messed up and put only my mother's name on it when the title was changed over. The car is only TOD'd to me...
    Angela N.

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGirl View Post
    The license bureau fucked up when I went to change the title over and now my mother technically owns my car. .
    DMV's have been known to mess things up, probably more often than anyone realizes. When I purchased my Bricklin last year, my local Secretary of State mis-keyed the VIN number. Thankfully, I caught it right away and was able to get it corrected. (By the way, who else would catch an incorrect Vin number besides a Delorean or Bricklin owner?!)

With that said, was your name / signature on the previous title (the one that you received from the seller) as a buyer? And was your name / signature on the application for title? If so, there should be a paper trial with the Secretary of State's office. In addition to talking to an attorney in your State, you may also wish to contact your State's Secretary of State's Office (License Bureau etc in MO). While the people at the local offices could be helpful, when trying to backtrack a paper trial regarding the previous title or and/or the title application, you might get further by contacting the main office, which is usually located in the State Capitol. They are likely in a better position to retrieve scanned images of the previous documents; thus, confirming any errors on their part or alterations that were made without your authorization.

From a practical perspective, when dealing with the folks at the Licensing Bureau, you will get much further by being somebody they want to help. Be mature, polite, respectful and appreciative...I can't emphasize this enough! They are civil servants and likely get screamed at often for the mistakes of others. If you get nasty with them, your concerns will get the minimal attention at best, or totally lost at the worst. Try to get the name of a helpful person, along with their direct contact info, thus preventing yourself from getting lost in the bureaucratic system.

When I purchased 5052 I ran into some tilting issues, dating back to 1983 and 1991. This included a reissued title that was not logged into the computer system when they converted archived records from microfilm to digital. Thankfully, I was able to get hold of a helpful worker at the Oklahoma Treasurer's Office (who issues titles in OK). Clearly I was somebody who he wanted to help, because he spent considerable time going to archived microfilms to resolve the issue. Ultimately, everything worked out just fine. He even offered to answer any questions that the Michigan Secretary of State had if any questions came up.

VIN
    Yep, my name was on the previous title as a buyer and on the paperwork. Good, I'll contact the main office in Jefferson City. Thank you! You've all been a great help!
    Angela N.