Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I really don't know what I'm going to do

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Republicans couldn't pass a turd with a box of exlax. It will fail.
    I give it a 50% chance. I wish we never had a two party system.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    I know auto insurance options vary by state and this is a minimally helpful idea, but in some states they will sell $10,000 in coverage for "Medical Payments" to at least cover a hospital trip due to an auto accident. I recall it amounts to a few dollars a month for me. I realize this doesn't solve for much.

I'm not optimistic but it would be nice if the recently signed executive order regarding "group associations" would actually be executed. AFAICT, this would allow an association to buy insurance just like large businesses have been buying for decades. My understanding is that the association can be headquartered in one state, buy from CIGNA Tennessee (for example), but the members can live anywhere in the country. That is at least how it works for any large business functions today. My employer is based in CA, I live in a different state, but I have California based insurance.

Capitalism should prevail in the sense that insurance companies would love to sell more insurance. They don't care who pays them. A company like Hagerty could form a "Classic Cars Association" and be the middleman for a health insurance program run by one of the major insurance companies. Hagerty collects an "association fee" from each member, collects premiums for insurance each month, and pays the insurance company. If the association had a lot of members, they would have some room to negotiate. Again, hopefully capitalism prevails.

So, since this isn't happening, I must have my facts wrong.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Just joined a Christian medi share program as recommended by a fellow DeLorean icon. My monthly bill is now 85.00 per month with a 5k deductible. I will probably enroll for more insurance for catastrophic illness once my packet arrives with is an extra 25 per month. So my part of the bill went from about $1000.00 per month to 85 bucks a month. How bouh dah?

I just wish I had joined last year when my premiums really skyrocketed.

VIN
    I’ve heard about that Christian Medi-share program
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    I haven't...but if members can live in GA, I'd like to know more.
    Working on "The other DeLorean" (1966 GTO).

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I’ve heard about that Christian Medi-share program
    What he said. You should really look into a health care sharing ministry. Those are legit and will exempt you from the insurance mandate.

Another option is to adjust your tax withholdings so the IRS doesn't owe you anything at the end of the year. In a perfect world, you could drop insurance, and obmit the penalty when you send in your taxes at the end of the year. Its a bit of headache doing all the math but legally, the IRS can't do jack to you if you don't pay the penalty. If I didn't have corporate insurance, thats exactly what I would do.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I give it a 50% chance. I wish we never had a two party system.
    Amen. I've been saying we need to do away with the two party system for years.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Just joined a Christian medi share program as recommended by a fellow DeLorean icon. My monthly bill is now 85.00 per month with a 5k deductible. I will probably enroll for more insurance for catastrophic illness once my packet arrives with is an extra 25 per month. So my part of the bill went from about $1000.00 per month to 85 bucks a month. How bouh dah?

I just wish I had joined last year when my premiums really skyrocketed.
    Just read the whole thread. Sorry I didn't think to mention this last year.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Just read the whole thread. Sorry I didn't think to mention this last year.
    That's because you suck

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I haven't...but if members can live in GA, I'd like to know more.
    CHMinistries.org