Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I really don't know what I'm going to do

VIN
    Blog Entries

I really don't know what I'm going to do

20171128_082833.jpg

This is the cheap plan, which is 5k deductible and it only pays 50%. I have always had insurance and NEVER FUCKING USED IT ONCE. Looks like I can't afford insurance anymore. In what world does this define "Affordable Health Care"?

Damn

Y'all don't have HMOs?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

I've said it all along that the only fix for heath insurance is to have a federally run program. My second year on Obama care my premium jump from $1100 to $1700 a month. I went for the "bronze" plan for myself and then it dropped to $550 just for me. I'm now 65 years old and on Medicare.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I've said it all along that the only fix for heath insurance is to have a federally run program. My second year on Obama care my premium jump from $1100 to $1700 a month. I went for the "bronze" plan for myself and then it dropped to $550 just for me. I'm now 65 years old and on Medicare.
    No the only "fix" is just the opposite. This whole plan was designed from the beginning to fail so the government could rush in and save the day and turn it into a single payer program. Now the government has complete control not only over your medical decisions based on your age and survivability, but your lifestyle choices as well.

The solution is for people to realize that if you get sick break your arm, get a cold, it's nobody else's fault and you should pay for it, not the government. Insurance should be looked at as life changing expenses insurance, and if you get a doctor bill for 500 bucks, man up and pay it instead of demanding the state pay for every little thing that goes wrong. Open market capitalism is the only way to save it.

Meanwhile I don't know how I come back from this. I have absolutely no way of saving any money for retirement anymore. What really stings is I work 6 days a week just to survive and I have to watch lazy do nothing's sponge off the government and live a care free life doing next to nothing.

That's like wishing the Government would balance the budget, get out of federal college loans or discontinue massive military expenditures. Not gonna happen.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

I agree heath insurance should only cover "catastrophic" events. Like life insurance does. But in today's heath care market the inflated prices when you don't have insurance is 5 to 10 times the price when you do. I broke my wrist one year skiing and got a temporary cast done at the ER in Nevada. When I got home my doctor billed $6000 to check me out and put on the permanent cast. Insurance paid him $800.
    Dave M vin 03572

I agree heath insurance should only cover "catastrophic" events. Like life insurance does. But in today's heath care market the inflated prices when you don't have insurance is 5 to 10 times the price when you do. I broke my wrist one year skiing and got a temporary cast done at the ER in Nevada. When I got home my doctor billed $6000 to check me out and put on the permanent cast. Insurance paid him $800.

By the way, I'm not one of those Berni supporters of the government does everything.
    Dave M vin 03572

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Right now I'm leaning towards taking myself out altogether. Leave My wife on, I will pay the penalty and hope I never get into an accident. It's pretty much all I got left because if we ever do use our insurance, we will pay 5k before it ever kicks in, then we are responsible for half of that so let's face it, If I get hurt we are screwed whether I have insurance or not, so I will roll the dice and hopefully come out at around 12-13k a year for insurance on her and my penalty. I just can't bring myself to pay 25k+ a year for health insurance. By the time I retire I will have paid over half a million dollars JUST for insurance(assuming it doesn't go up any more).

If the tax cuts get passed, the requirement to buy insurance has been nulled.
    Dave M vin 03572

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Republicans couldn't pass a turd with a box of exlax. It will fail.