Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Television options

VIN

Television options

Since I'm too lazy to work on my brake booster, here is another project.

I'm shopping for a new TV to put into one of the bedrooms. This house currently only has one television, a 32 inch tv that fits perfectly in my entertainment center.

The entertainment center also houses my VCR/DVD player, Kenwood stereo receiver, turn table (I like vinyl), and a bunch of speakers.

I've been really happy with my 32 inch set, and the entertainment center is a gift that was given to me by my mom about 15 years ago. Before that she used it for a good 10 years. It is solid wood furniture and is worth far more than any of those garbage TV stands you buy at Walmart.

I would like to put a 32 inch TV in one of the bed rooms.

Here is my dilema. Should I move the current 32 inch TV into one of the bed rooms and replace the one in the living room with a 55 inch TCL TV? The 55 inch set has a built in Roku and sells for $379 at Bestbuy and $399 at Walmart. The big TV will not fit in my entertainment center. If I buy the big TV, I will also need to buy some sort of TV stand that can hold my stereo, DVD/VCR and record player.

Or, should I simply just buy another 32 inch TV, leave things as they are, and put the new set in the bedroom? Walmart has a 32 inch TCL for $135 and it has a built in Roku.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Current tv

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Get a wall mount for your TV. They also sell cable covers but I just run the cables under the sheet rock.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    I was thinking about that. Thanks to that stupid flood in 2016, I've gotten pretty good at doing sheet rock work. Its tempting to mount a huge TV on the wall, and route all of the wires behind the sheet rock. Of course, doing this, I would have to do away with my stereo and record player.

Decisions decisions. It would be a nice clean install though.

VIN
    Hmm, I think Dave just helped me make my decision. There is a closet on the other side of one of the walls in my living room. I'll mount the TV on the wall, and put all of my electronic goodies in the closet behind it.

I can hang some nice speakers from the ceiling and put one of those remote extender/repeater kits in the closet. Should be a nice clean install.

VIN
    Hurry and get the Black Friday tv deals while they are still In effect -like at Best Buy
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

VIN
    Black Friday is a scam. The same 55 inch TV has been the same price at Wal-Mart for over a year.

VIN
    Ended up ordering the refurbished model from Walmart for $345 plus tax ($379.50 after tax). Bought it through the ebates shopping portal which also gives me 6% cash back.

It should be at the store for pickup in about a week.

Lots of stores had door buster deals where you could get a TV even cheaper, but I don't go shopping on Thanksgiving day or black friday based on principle.

Went to BJs at opening 9:00am this morning and the store is loaded with TVs. Not many people were there either.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Black Friday is a scam. The same 55 inch TV has been the same price at Wal-Mart for over a year.

Yup yup.

My friend was at Walmart at 7am on Friday and said the parking lot was almost a ghost town. Everyone is going out on Thanksgiving now. My wife and I went out because it was a nice warm day and I have not had the DeLorean out in like 6 weeks, so we went and bought a few gifts and some work clothes for me and somehow got it all to fit in the generous trunk compartment.