Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern NY Fall drive...

I don't know why photos kick my ass on here.....Jimmy don't computer lol. The guy I am standing next to is Bill Collins son. What a crazy coincidence and experience. He totally played Rich and I at first asking us the typical questions. His wife actually broke the news to us on he's he was. Some interesting facts to come out of the convo...
    He talked about his dad and John working on the Pontiac Banshee program and that it would have killed corvette sales. He said that when they cut the program it was a big motivator for him and John to leave GM and that's when they first started discussing making their own car. Pretty bad ass.
    He said that a lot of the stuff lotus gets credit for was already designed by the Dmc engineers before lotus even got the car.
    He also said that his dad absolutely hated working with lotus and believed that in many ways it hampered the cars success.

Really cool experience. Want us to keep him informed of future meets.

Oh perhaps the coolest thing is that his dad still has a delorean of his own he said.

Credit goes to Rich on this one. Great idea and couldn't have been better. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have met Rich . Funny thing is about 2 years ago he was the first dude that messaged me when I asked about whether I would fit in one etc. And He was selling an automatic which is why I started talking to him. He talked me out of the auto and fast forward 2 years and we have met up twice with our own self restored 5 speeds. Pretty cool. I look forward to meeting so more of you "thugs" lol

Administrator
    VIN
    Awesome time and a great finish to the season. Such a crazy, completely random occurrence to meet Bill there, also funny how the interaction went down. Bill was uber casual, and like Jimmy said, just chatted about typical stuff and moved on. I laugh when I think of how his wife dragged him back over and insisted he tell us who his Dad is -lol! They're both very nice & great to talk to, I expect we'll connect with them again...possibly at Patrick's driving tour next year. I mentioned to them some of the people I saw at DCS 2016; when I said JZD's secretary was there, he instantly knew her by name. They mentioned Bill Sr. has a DeLorean, but don't know the VIN. (*edit: I saw an old Talk thread when he was a member: VIN is 10573.)

Funny story: Jimmy was already there when I arrived and had parked with enough room for me, but someone had parked next to him. The people were gawking at his car when I got out and shouted: "alright....who's in my spot?!" A dude in the crowd gets up to move his car...I told him I was kidding, but he said: "it's ok -I want to get a pic of them next to each other anyway."

The crowd was friendly, and there was an attractive woman running for congress holding a meet & greet.....I think she was trying to convert me by preying on my weakness for beautiful women. I feel victimized.

I sure wish some of you pricks were there! Jimmy's a great guy to hang with, and I look forward to all of us getting together sometime soon.

VIN
    Sounds like yall had an awesome meet. I'm looking to have a new Bill in my life. Next time yall do something like this and he is going to be there let me know and I'll fly up for the weekend.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Sounds like yall had an awesome meet. I'm looking to have a new Bill in my life. Next time yall do something like this and he is going to be there let me know and I'll fly up for the weekend.

If I was a snowflake I might be offended.....dafuq.