Thread: How High?

VIN

How High?

Quick question...

I will be pulling my manual tranny out this winter to fix the rear main seal, clutch, and clutch line and primary/slave cylinders. How high do I have to get the car in order to get the tranny out from underneath the car? I will be using tranny adaptor on the top of my jack.

tranny jack adaptor.jpg

Thanks for the info in advance.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

VIN
    I was also thinking about building crib blocks and using them to lift the car from the ground. Since I want to also work on the rear suspension this winter, I was hoping to put the crib blocks at the factory jack points rather than under the tires. Has anyone done this here? Do you think the car would be stable enough to work under if the blocks if they were centered under the jacking points on all 4 corners rather than under the tires?

Capture.jpg
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Administrator
    VIN
    I didn't use crib blocks, but I put my car on the factory jack points for all the work I did. Best way to go IMO....

VIN
    I put my car up off the ground for my surgery recovery time 6-9 months. I didn't want the suspension hanging because she is outside. I put blocks under the rear links and under the front control arms. I used patio bricks and car ramps as blocks.
    My right bicep tendon completely tore off the bone and they had to cut into my arm, pull the retracted tendon down , drill through the bone and reattach it with hardware. I am one week post op today.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original