Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adventures with 1269

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGirl View Post
    I wasn't able to get any pictures from the actual parade, but, for anyone who wants to see what I did to my poor car:

Attachment 9263
    The lightning bolts are a nice touch...!

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Pretty cool!

VIN
    haha...thats pretty cool..I'll have to remember that and make a hook

Thanks, guys! I'd also like to mention that a lot of the materials for the props are recycled things. The boards for the fire trails were from old bookshelves, the Hill Valley sign pole was an old rake handle, and the lightning rod was made with a fourwheeler safety flag pole for the base, and a bent wire coathanger for the hook.
    Angela N.
    Proud owner of "DeLores"- VIN 1269

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

VIN
    Hehe..nothing wrong with recycled stuff...some of the stuff used in movies and tv are the same...lol

VIN
    Blog Entries
    In an ironic twist; now my car will idle, but dies under acceleration. I consider yours to be a sibling to mine; seeing as they both share a lot of parts from the same cars.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Unbelievable! Ha, I've always called them twins, apparently they're both equally as mischievous too. DeLores went on the trailer fine for the parade. Now come time for the car show, she wouldn't budge. Clearly she's the boss here.
    Angela N.

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

First car show was a HUGE bust! The car looked amazing, but was a laughing stock to the judges of that show. Apparently special interest is not the category DeLores should be in. What category does anyone else enter their DeLorean in? I was told at registration not to do foreign, because "Nobody is going to know that car is Irish."

20170923_121210.jpg20170923_121220.jpg20170923_121228.jpg20170923_121238.jpg
    Angela N.

I don't really like popularity contests. It's not really satisfying to watch a Corvette owner with a T-Shirt tucked into his jorts sneer at your car. I'll park at a Cars and Coffee and take people's pictures with it but that's about it.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

I understand that, considering we lost to a Dodge and Chevy. That's the problem, the spectators loved it, save for the occassional whine of "No Flux Capacitor? Really?", it was the judges that picked it apart. I can't tell you how many pictures were taken of my car, and how many people practically drooled on the stainless, mainly middle-aged creeps.
    Angela N.