Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures with 1269

Adventures with 1269

New thread, because the restoration is officially DONE!!!!!! Thank God! I was practically living at the O'Reilly auto parts store. Really, all that's left is a few more pieces of weatherstripping, a few missing pieces of the front end, and adjusting the choke; it still sticks a bit. Ah, how nice it is to not have coughing, backfiring, black smoke, and fire.

Well, she passed inspection. That itself, is a miracle. (And yes I did pray, I've done a lot of that with this car!) Oh, how she looks now! A stark comparison to the beautiful, hail dented, non-running fixer upper I started with, nearly 4 months ago.

20170913_125125.jpg20170913_131556.jpg20170913_131611.jpg
    Angela N.
    Proud owner of "DeLores"- VIN 1269

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

VIN
    Congrats on all the work. If you have any common sense, you will learn to hate the car. These things are beasts and things still break for no apparent reason. I'm driving mine from Louisiana to Michigan in about two weeks and I'm scared to death of the drive. And my car is in pretty decent shape.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Congrats on all the work. If you have any common sense, you will learn to hate the car. These things are beasts and things still break for no apparent reason. I'm driving mine from Louisiana to Michigan in about two weeks and I'm scared to death of the drive. And my car is in pretty decent shape.
    Thanks. Oh, trust me, I've already found out everything that can go wrong will go wrong. (I still have a slight waterpump leak, and the waterpump is brand new!) Still, I can't bring myself to hate DeLores. She might be a pain, and she may nickel and dime me to death, but I'll still love her just the same. But, I'm not going to be driving her much either, so if she breaks down, no biggie. I have a trailer for parades and car shows.

Good luck on your trip!
    Angela N.

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you're pissing all over today. Unless, of course, you have two feet in a DeLorean.

VIN
    Be thankful you don't have K-Jet to deal with for that water pump issue. One of the first things I had to do on my car was replace the water pump. I had no clue what I was doing and I had to remove/reinstall K-Jet to replace my water pump. It wasn't a fun job.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Ouch. I'm very thankful for the carb conversion, just like I'm grateful for everything being bypassed. The less things that can go wrong, the better.

In all fairness though, I don't really know what I'm doing either. Without my parent's help and Chad's help, my car would still not be fixed, so they deserve a lot of credit too.
    Angela N.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Awesome!! Glad you get her ready in time to squeeze some fun out the fall driving season.

VIN
    Awesome you got it all done (mostly) and in such a short time.

Yep, I was aiming for it to be done for the parade. I wanted it to be her first debut as a fixed car.
    Angela N.

I wasn't able to get any pictures from the actual parade, but, for anyone who wants to see what I did to my poor car:

DeLores.jpg
    Angela N.