Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a VR headset?

VIN
    Knowing it would be an addiction I've been putting it off. I figured I'd have to get a PC or console type setup since we don't have smartphones that are fancy enough.

I've played around with the Oculus Rift, it's OK.
    I have like 7 Virtual Boy headsets. If you set up the focus and pupillary distance properly you don't get headaches, but that's asking a lot.
    I played Dactyl Nightmare in 1994 with four friends on a school trip to San Francisco. It was so awesome we barely noticed getting mugged 10 minutes later.
    -Luke / 10270 / Superman 3 Turbo Kit

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well I pretty much knew you didn't. Anyone who still owns a carbed car must live in the 1950's and thinks electricity is some kind of space magic.
    I wish I lived in the '50s. However, since I have no means of traveling back in time, I'll have to make do. Can your VR make it SEEM like its the 1950s?
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Linux Janitor
    VIN
    ive got a PSVR headset for my playstation 4 and LOVE IT. the Star Trek Bridge Crew game has been amazing to play with friends. and its cross platform compatible so I can be playing along side PC players who are using a HTC VIVE or Occulus Rift headset.

the game "Farpoint" for PS4 also introduced a "PS AIM" controller. basically an updated lightgun that works with the PS4 and PSVR for what i consider to be the most immersive First Person Shooter gaming experience ever. the game itself is nothing groundbreaking, but the immersion with the controller mixed with the headset is far and away the best FPS experience to date I'd argue.

VIN
    We can remember it for you wholesale.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Holy cow this VR stuff is amazing! I know it's old hat to most of you but I am just discovering it and my wife who swore she has no interest in it was loving it. I wish I had recorded her first time, she was trying to grab everything.

Now if you will excuse me I'm taking a break from real life for the next few weeks.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Holy cow this VR stuff is amazing! I know it's old hat to most of you but I am just discovering it and my wife who swore she has no interest in it was loving it. I wish I had recorded her first time, she was trying to grab everything.

Now if you will excuse me I'm taking a break from real life for the next few weeks.
    Ron sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    What impresses me the most is the picture quality and the headset and controller just don't miss a beat working together. I am holding a controller with a trigger on it but in my game I'm holding a steampunk Revolver and I can hold my hand up close to my eyes and in the game it does the same. Can't wait to show this to my friends who are behind the curve even more than me.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm hungover today. The motion sickness some of those games produce is heavy duty.

One game is you are in a fighter, you look down you see your body and your hand on the flightstick (wireless controller in real life). Look arpind amd you see the cockpit and canopy frame, look outside and back and you can see part of your ship.
    The ship moves with the controller and you look where you want as the scenery zips by. Once you start rolling and banking the sickness starts.

VIN
    I'm hungover today. The motion sickness some of those games produce is heavy duty.
    What Michael really meant: