Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Anyone have a VR headset?

  1. #1
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,183
    Blog Entries
    6

    Anyone have a VR headset?

    So I bought a Note 5 about a week ago, no biggie, but when I was in the dealer activating it, I picked up the Samsung VR headset and was hooked. I thought it was so cool and I only had it on for a few minutes so I promptly ordered one and it should be here later this week. It comes with a hand held controller so I have been looking at some games for it and I got to say I'm stoked to play some. If you have never wore one, it it pretty immersive. I bet once this technology spawns a few more generations, it will be as common as the microwave oven and 3d movies. Imagine watching a movie filmed in 360 degree field of view.

    Anyone got one? I am really liking that WWII warplane game as well as the one that is supposed to scare the s&^t out of you.




    It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

  2. #2
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So I bought a Note 5 about a week ago, no biggie, but when I was in the dealer activating it, I picked up the Samsung VR headset and was hooked. I thought it was so cool and I only had it on for a few minutes so I promptly ordered one and it should be here later this week. It comes with a hand held controller so I have been looking at some games for it and I got to say I'm stoked to play some. If you have never wore one, it it pretty immersive. I bet once this technology spawns a few more generations, it will be as common as the microwave oven and 3d movies. Imagine watching a movie filmed in 360 degree field of view.

    Anyone got one? I am really liking that WWII warplane game as well as the one that is supposed to scare the s&^t out of you.
    Nope

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  3. #3
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,183
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Nope

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Well I pretty much knew you didn't. Anyone who still owns a carbed car must live in the 1950's and thinks electricity is some kind of space magic.




    It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

  4. #4
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well I pretty much knew you didn't. Anyone who still owns a carbed car must live in the 1950's and think electricity is some kind of space magic.
    1980s thank you very much. I do have a smart phone though but not interested in VR. My last experience with VR was the Nintendo virtua boy and it sucked.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  5. #5
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,183
    Blog Entries
    6
    Space magic has come a long way since virtua boy




    It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

  6. #6
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Space magic has come a long way since virtua boy
    What about flying cars? Where are the flying cars we were promised two years ago?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  7. #7
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,271
    In all fairness, that VR stuff is pretty amazing these days. I haven't seen it myself but have read stuff about it.

    Supposedly you can attach a cardboard box to a smartphone to get the VR experience as well.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    VIN
    4877
    Posts
    32
    I havent used vr myself (even the 3d glasses at theatres bug my eyes)..but most of the folks I've known of only use it for short periods, like 15 minutes or so before they need a break...The tech has come a long way..but I think it still has a ways to go...plus the price point to get a system with good specs to run vr..and the vr hardware itself.

  9. #9
    Sexbots or STFU.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  10. #10
    Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,183
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I havent used vr myself (even the 3d glasses at theatres bug my eyes)..but most of the folks I've known of only use it for short periods, like 15 minutes or so before they need a break...The tech has come a long way..but I think it still has a ways to go...plus the price point to get a system with good specs to run vr..and the vr hardware itself.
    This is the setup I got. You can buy them for under 70 bucks brand new on ebay and I have to say it was pretty impressive in person. The controller does act as a hand/weapon in the 3d environment you are in. Move it and you see it move in real time. As far as the power required to run a game, the little smart phone seemed to have it covered. I know this have been out for a few years now but I always thought it was a gimmick and never really looked at it (plus I never had a phone capable of running a vr setup till now) but I loved the experience. It's not just the VR world that amazed me, but with the 2 eyepieces, everything really looked 3 dimensional. I had to resist the urge to keep my hands at my side after accidentally punching my wife(in all fairness there was an alien right there).
    NEW-FB_GearVR_708_WhiteBG.jpg




    It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •