Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Going to the dark side

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    You would be correct. After removing the carb last night, I have isolated the area where the leak is coming from, though I haven't been able to 100% pinpoint the leak within that area. The attached pic has an area I circled in red. If I dry the area with a rag and then fill the bowl on my workbench, keeping it level-ish, this area gets wet and eventually creates a slow drip down the casting. Of course gravity pulls it to the back when its mounted on the car, hence my paper test this weekend. Gas was also getting in the vacuum lines on the back of the carb as a result of the drip down.

End result, Bill is going to make it right with me and swap out the leaking carb for a non-leaking unit.

Bill will stand by his components and he will make it right.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original

What are "X" pattern O-rings?
    Fwiw, aka “quad-ring” seal

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=quad+ring&...BL._SL160_.jpg
    DENNIS

VIN
    A little JB-Weld fixed up that tiny rot-hole in the area underneath the carb and it hasn't leaked since. That was probably 2-3 weeks ago now that I fixed it. Bill is still swapping me out with a replacement but nice to know that will work if anyone else has a small hole discovered like this.

Now just gotta find time to do all these other little jobs on the car. Should be back on the road sooner than later though... I hope.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

VIN
    Bill is still swapping me out with a replacement

Bill might not like me anymore but stuff like this is why I keep sending people Bill's way when they ask for cab conversions. For whatever he is selling them for now you are getting a complete kit, with a carb perfectly modified to our application. There is no guess work, and in the rare instance something does go wrong, Bill is there to make it right.

He puts everything in a box and you can literally do a conversion in one afternoon.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Bill might not like me anymore but stuff like this is why I keep sending people Bill's way when they ask for cab conversions. For whatever he is selling them for now you are getting a complete kit, with a carb perfectly modified to our application. There is no guess work, and in the rare instance something does go wrong, Bill is there to make it right.

He puts everything in a box and you can literally do a conversion in one afternoon.
    PLUS, Bill is a wealth of useful mechanical knowledge that he loves to share. I regret getting on his bad side, but even with my Delorean , I can’t turn back time.
    Lou and "Boo" - The man you love to hate.

Boo- The car you love to hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original