Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Driving 4728 (post-resto thread.)

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    The same wording the homosexual community uses.
    LMFAO....hahaha!

Administrator
    VIN
    Everything went to shit with my plans to go to Patrick's event and I was in a shitty mood all day (that rarely happens.)

I figured the best thing to do is go for a ride and get beer & pizza. I tried to start my car and it sounded like a handful of busted-up shit was in the engine, or my flywheel was in pieces. I tried few times and the noise remained. I turned the engine by hand to try & hear something, but it seemed ok. I jiggled the shifter around then hit the key again....everything's fine. Seems like it was partially in gear or something.

I picked up a friend who hasn't been in a DeLorean since riding in 10372. He commented that this car seems way faster than my last one (I agree.) The carb needs a bit more tuning, and it's on the Byrne manifold, but it still has more balls than the stock 3 speed I had. He also mentioned the exhaust doesn't seem as loud as when I first started working on the car...my wife says the same thing. I thought I was just getting used to the Hervey setup, but it sounds quieter to me too. I guess exhaust is quieter when the car runs better......I don't know.

I had a beer & a burger, and pulled outta my funk. It was also good to see my buddy Jimmy was working on his car tonight....oddly, those things give me a boost. Jimmy & I are planning a meet again before the end of the season. One day we'll plan a cool driving tour like Patrick's....I hope some of you pricks show up.

I always try to maintain perspective; failed plans to bring a DeLorean to meet with friends & their DeLoreans in Northern Michigan is [by far] a First World problem. There are people suffering from hurricanes, so I'm counting blessings: I drove my car tonight and had a burger & beer with a friend.

Hell yeah man...these cars are funny like that. They manage to bring out highs and lows....i really enjoyed working on my car tonight. Sometimes working on it is more fun then driving it . Lol

Nice pix. How's that exhaust working out?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    Nice pix. How's that exhaust working out?
    Too loud, I'm going to have something different in place for next season. Thankfully I have a highly desired 5-speed and was able to manage the RPM's for a quieter ride this year.

I'm thinking of trying to re-pack the Magnaflows jut to see if it can be done.

I just mentioned you last night, brah....was on the phone with my brother.

Administrator
    VIN
    4728 is put away for the Winter.

It was a good season, as things went much more according to plan than the first two years. I put almost 800 miles on, and crossed-off a lot of "to-do's."

My last drive was a meetup w/Jimmy (2706) in Tupper Lake NY. It was a great day; weather was perfect and the beer & food were great. We also had the random encounter of meeting Bill Collins' son Ted w/his wife Jess. (pics above.)

A nice surprise that put a finishing touch on the end of the season was seeing this (from my youngest daughter) in the local paper yesterday:

20171104_072839.jpg

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm ashamed to say I probably didn't even drive 500 miles the whole year. I know Chris Burns would be mad but the thing is I choose to work because business has been insane this year. I got my motorcycle out like twice(for the whole year) and the poor DeLorean just sits. The only time she gets out is usually on Sundays since most Saturdays fine me playing catch up at work. Even then, half the time we are out, it's in my wife's convertible.

Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy and 75 degrees, and my wife wants to go on a road trip...in her car. The DeLorean continues to sit.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I'm ashamed to say I probably didn't even drive 500 miles the whole year. I know Chris Burns would be mad but the thing is I choose to work because business has been insane this year. I got my motorcycle out like twice(for the whole year) and the poor DeLorean just sits. The only time she gets out is usually on Sundays since most Saturdays fine me playing catch up at work. Even then, half the time we are out, it's in my wife's convertible.

Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy and 75 degrees, and my wife wants to go on a road trip...in her car. The DeLorean continues to sit.
    You're going to get flat spots on your tires!