Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving 4728 (post-resto thread.)

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Something Michael will appreciate:

Me: This 5-speed is so much more awesome than the 3-speed, right?

Wife: It looks like a lot of work just to drive a car.

Me: No, it's awesome....it's so much more awesome.

My daughter: It's like a video game.

LOL
    auto.jpg

VIN
    Say Brah. Nice work.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    Took my wife for a nice ride tonight, stopped for gas and ice cream....talked to about a dozen guys. I think my wife is getting used to the routine...haha!

While getting gas an older guy came over, very excited. He hadn't seen one since the early 80's and he's a big fan. First thing he mentioned was that JZD was totally framed. He said he recalled [back then] when he drove one it didn't have much HP, but he loved the car and was thrilled to see one again.

Most every guy approached and asked if I minded a closer look. No cocaine jokes...totally gypped again.

Administrator
    VIN
    I went out with my wife & another couple last night (driving a '77 pickup) and finally got some cocaine jokes!

On the approach to the restaurant, small group outside on the deck:

Guy: "Hey...does your DeLorean have the original tires?!"
    [Cynical] Me: "Ya -35 friggin' year old car and I have the original tires....watch, I'll light 'em up when I leave." (Group laughs.)
    Lady in group: "Is it OK that I go check it out? I really want to see it close up."
    Me: "Sure...just don't sit on it. :-) "
    Lady: "I won't....thanks!" :-)

Returning to the deck with our drinks:

Guy[s]: "You know why we asked about the tires, right? Did you know about the DeLorean & cocaine?"
    [Cynical] Me: "Naaaw.....I own a DeLorean but don't know a thing about it."
    Everyone: LOL
    Guy[s]: Well, the guy that made the cars hid cocaine in the tires before they shipped from the factory.....that's why we were messin' with ya about original tires."
    Me: "Nope....that's bullshit. The cocaine was hidden in the door panels, and it was only in one car.......that one (I point at my car.)"
    Everyone: LOL.
    Me: "That's how I was able to afford the car."
    Guy:"lol....buy the car one day, pay the loan off the next....lol."
    Me: "Yup....lol"

Guy: "I do like your car, it's really cool....no offense, but I'm actually more into the truck...very nice!"
    Me: "The truck is nice, and the owner is nice......the DeLorean? -owner is a total asshole."

Everyone in hearing distance laughs.

Then we all chilled together having drinks while waiting for our table, they were nice guys. Once inside, I said to my group: "I finally got some cocaine jokes!" In that conversation I learned that my friend knew nothing of the DeLorean/cocaine thing.....he thought the comments were due to the car being from the 80's so by default it's related to cocaine...LMAO!

...It was a great night.

Administrator
    VIN
    I actually got to drive my car for the first time in about a month. I've been working 12-16 hour days, but I made time on Sunday to make sure my car runs so I could take my nephew [visiting from Colorado] for a ride. He never saw a DeLorean before, so we drove to Lake George and I showed him the A&W DeLorean (I live about 10 miles from there.)

20170724_203356.jpg 20170724_203412.jpg

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I'm just glad you're alive. I was beginning to think with the disappearance of Josh, then Lou, and finally you, that maybe some kind of DeLorean ninja was aquiring trophies.

PS, Just saw the post at the bar...funny stuff.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I'm just glad you're alive. I was beginning to think with the disappearance of Josh, then Lou, and finally you, that maybe some kind of DeLorean ninja was aquiring trophies.

PS, Just saw the post at the bar...funny stuff.

Administrator
    VIN
    Still working 12-16 hour days, so I haven't hardly driven my car. On the bright side, I made enough extra $ to buy another DeLorean so that's good.

I really hoped to get a good workout & some extra sleep tonight, but tomorrow is the first day of school for my kids and also my daughter's friend wants me to drive her to school 'cause it's her birthday. Sooooo.... at 10PM tonight I was cleaning my car, checking tire pressure....etc. For me, this is what it's all about....it's a big deal for me when it's a big deal for someone else.

I'm also planning to meet Jimmy in upstate NY at a car show on the 16th. I don't do car shows, but this looks like a nice town and as good a reason as any to meet up with Jimmy & see the awesome 2706 project.

BTW, my daughter lost my phone. If any of you pricks have tried to contact me, call my home or work phone instead....PM me if you want [but don't have] either. I'll get around to finding or replacing the lost phone when I get time.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    You're a mad man. I thought I was kicking butt by working till 7pm 2 or 3 nights a week. (and I don't work out either).

VIN
    Only a man like Rich is capable of surviving without a phone. Makes me wonder how he took those pictures.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)