Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Driving 4728 (post-resto thread.)

"Twas a good day" as the great ice cube would say

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I went for a drive tonight, bitches...!

1/2 mile from my house I saw a cloud of smoke in my rearview, so I went back home. It appeared to have been coolant overflow onto my exhaust, so I went back out, taking my youngest to the grocery store.

We had an average amount of spectators, and while stopped for gas a woman came over and asked to take a pic to show her boys.

I added a can of seafoam when I filled the tank....1/2 mile down the road I had trouble when restarting from a stoplight: no power. I was thinking: "WTH, did that Seafoam do something? Did a carb linkage come off?" I limped over to the side of the road, checked the carb linkage, revved the engine, checked the gauges...all seemed well. I put it in 1st gear & drove off just fine....then it hit me: I was in 3rd gear from a dead stop instead of 1st. LMAO! It's been too long since I drove my car.

When I got home, I could hear a weird exhaust noise like a leak or something. I found there was nothing in that threaded hole on the driver's side header....I forgot to tighten the sensor I put in there! I backtracked a little and found it in the road.

Overall it was a good shakedown drive, and I tested that FM transmitter thing Josh turned me on to. It's awesome, now I won't need to install a new head unit & amp this year. I love it.

The DeLoreango exhaust sounds really good, I can hear my music and have a conversation with the passenger. My wife likes the sound of it too, so that'll be a plus for sure (one less thing for her to dislike about the car -lol)

Today was a good day....yo.
    Sweet ! If Im ever in the area Ill let you know a minute or two before I arrive
    Now weve had just bout enough of that !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    So Damn Loud
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    So Damn Fast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original
    So Damn Tiny

Administrator
    VIN
    Brought my kids to A&W tonight. People were pretty entertained seeing 2 DeLoreans...

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

Rich. Congrats on being down to/on earth again
    Nice pictures.

Just for you from my era for all of your hard work ! (House & car)

BEFORE
    https://youtu.be/dBN86y30Ufc

AFTER
    https://youtu.be/qRKNw477onU?t=4

Sounds like your family is enjoying your D as much as your are now.
    Last edited by Mr. Jim; 07-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jim View Post
    Rich. Congrats on being down to/on earth again
    Nice pictures.

Just for you from my era for all of your hard work ! (House & car)

BEFORE
    https://youtu.be/dBN86y30Ufc

AFTER
    https://youtu.be/qRKNw477onU?t=4

Sounds like your family is enjoying your D as much as your are now.

Thanks Jim!

Administrator
    VIN
    I made a video of my exhaust sound, but the recording sucks, so I didn't post it.

Administrator
    VIN
    Yesterday the countertop guys came to install our kitchen countertops (aka: shitthatismoreexpensivethandeloreanstuff.) The owner is a super cool dude that races stock cars and has a few collector cars. I gave them a tour of the car, they really liked it.

Last night I drove on the Interstate for the first time this year. A woman in a large SUV was pretty excited to see the car (I think she especially liked the plate.) As she drove past she was waving & head-banging, then reached out through her sunroof to "throw up horns."

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Last night I drove on the Interstate for the first time this year. A woman in a large SUV was pretty excited to see the car (I think she especially liked the plate.) As she drove past she was waving & head-banging, then reached out through her sunroof to "throw up horns."

I'm pretty sure she was interested in you and not the car. All I ever seem to attract in the Delorean is men.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    I have driven my car every day since I decided to reassemble and finish things at a later date.

Tonight I drove 33 miles, and really had a good time.

My shoulder is really lit up now from shifting....I might need to go back to a sissy auto! I unfortunately tore it up during training a few weeks ago (this is my "other" shoulder.) My wife is giving me shit, and asked if it's really necessary (at 53 yrs old) for me to do the dumb shit I do (rolling with MMA fighters in their 20's) -lol! Another surgery might be in my future, hopefully this one won't require pins & stuff like the other one.

I'm glad I decided to sideline the projects I piled on when I removed the roof panel. I currently have no headliner, roof seals, outer seals, or louver. I'll get it it all done in the next few weeks, but prioritizing drive time for now. The nights here have been in the 50's...reminds me of how short the driving season is.

211 miles driven so far this year.

Administrator
    VIN
    Someone please tell me about "cars & coffee" gatherings. I usually don't go to car shows (with/without my car) but have been to a cruise-in twice, and once went to a show with Jimmy & his car.

I'm making plans to meet with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. He currently has a Porsche and is going to a cars & coffee at a Porsche place tomorrow...he invited me to bring my car.