Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Driving 4728 (post-resto thread.)

Administrator
    VIN
    It's been a good year....I put on ~1300 miles from mid-July to the end of October.

Car has been parked for the past 3 weeks, and a big winter storm is about to hit my area today/tomorrow, so that's a wrap until Spring.

I have a purchase pending on another D, details to follow after I complete the transaction...pickup/delivery scheduled for Friday.
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

Administrator
    VIN
    I didn't have a Christmas or Winter-themed pic, but I saw so many other rogue entries I jumped in.

https://americancollectors.com/colle...ebook.com%252F

VIN
    I might suck but I voted. If you donít vote you have no right to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I might suck but I voted. If you don’t vote you have no right to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir!

Administrator
    VIN
    I started 4728 today; I've been running it at least once per week, and today I wanted to see how well it started in below-freezing temps. It runs much better since I had the intake planed a few weeks ago.

A carbed car definitely has behavior related to temps, it reminds me of years ago before FI. I'm jealous of Steve & the other rednecks living in warmer climates.

I wonder what Andrew does differently [if anything] in the Winter? I'm pretty sure his temps are similar to NYS.

Administrator
    VIN
    Driving a carbed car in winter is likely a dying art. Each of my carbed cars have their own unique personalities and priming preferences, espicially in the cold.

All of my cars start fine in the cold, but 4194 likes a few pumps of the gas pedal. My 72 Riviera only needs one pump of the gas to set the choke and prime it, same with my 82 Eagle.

My daily driver 85 Toronado with a 403 engine likes about 3 or 4 pumps of pedal. I also installed an oil pan heater and battery heater that I use when the temps drop below 15 to 20 degrees.

Administrator
    VIN
    There was a few days of mild weather, so when I ran 4728 I uncovered it, opened both doors and ran it for about an hour with the heat on.

It's getting jealous, 4519 is in the garage and I've been spending a lot of time with 4519.

Administrator
    VIN
    My wife is signalling that she expects me to have 4728 for sale by the end of this summer. It's ultimately my decision but she's playing on my ego, saying she knows I'm the friggin' man and I'll have 4519 on the road this year (so of course I can't resist stepping up...haha.) I actually was looking forward to taking my sweetass time with 4519 (and still might.)

I'm going to start organizing the to-do list I have for 4728. There are some items I want to complete before listing, so I'm hoping to have time to do that while I continue to drive it this season.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to consider the carb conversion. I can convert it back if necessary, but I've also been seeing more interest in carb conversions so I really don't know if it matters on a running/driving DeLorean.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to consider the carb conversion. I can convert it back if necessary, but I've also been seeing more interest in carb conversions so I really don't know if it matters on a running/driving DeLorean.
    Remember that you can only sell it to a Democrat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Remember that you can only sell it to a Democrat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Lol...noted!

I feel so bad for my Democrat friends lately, I might feel the Bern and give it away to someone more deserving than me...haha!