Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deloreans and Fieros

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Pshaw; what you'd need is the super-rare 1984-only Indy Pace Car edition with speakers in the headrests, a one-off interior, and very low production numbers.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I tell people that my DeLorean is a Fiero with a body kit all the time; just ask Steve.
    I've seen him tell the story and he is very convincing. We were working on his car one day, in his driveway thank you very much, a stranger walks up to the garage and asks, "Is that a Delorean?".

Chad immediately said with a straight face, "It's a Fiero with a body kit. I can't afford a Delorean, those things go for $100,000!"
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The best part, he BELIEVED me!
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    LOL
    I want to see a youtube videos with Chad looking right at the camera. Pretend the camera is a random dude and you gotta convince him your DeLorean is a Fiero

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I've seen him tell the story and he is very convincing. We were working on his car one day, in his driveway thank you very much, a stranger walks up to the garage and asks, "Is that a Delorean?".

Chad immediately said with a straight face, "It's a Fiero with a body kit. I can't afford a Delorean, those things go for $100,000!"
    LOL..!

I wish Lou was going tomorrow, he has a DeLorean and a Fiero.

My car is just about ready, I just need to re-install the driver's door panels, louvre, and a few other minor things. A bunch of things fit like shit now, I must've screwed-up the disassembly.

I drove up & down my driveway yesterday; I shifted into 2nd, it was glorious.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post

Fiero Owners:
    "Replace the 30-year-old coolant hoses? Why? They're not leaking. Hey, I was going to buy washers for the intake, but, since I plan on swapping in a 3800, I decided I'd make my own by using a hole punch and one of the dozen empty cans of Monster enegy drink I have lying around."
    Haha! I have known a few Fiero owners and I can confirm this is accurate. I have considered getting a 87-88 GT at one point. I've seen some pretty awesome V8 swaps that probably included a few monster energy drink can fabricated washers.

Administrator
    VIN
    The weather was crappy but a good turnout, I'm guessing about 30 DeLoreans and 12 Fieros....I'll post pics when I get time.

I met David T and some other DMA guys I hadn't yet met so that was cool. I chatted with an older guy who is an original owner from '82. Chris N & Grady were there, I visited with Bill, and met with Josh S from Talk. Lunch was good, there was a BTTF TM, and my kids got to see Tom's door-closers.

On the downside, I couldn't get my doors adjusted due to that plate thing that's glued to the fiberglass is loose. Grady, Levy, & Bill gave me some good advice so I'm hoping it won't be a big "add-on" to my list. Sucks that I just finished installing my headliner....sucks even more that I let you pricks talk me into one-piece and nobody gave me a heads-up to check that part....bastards!

Nice road trip for my kids & I...

VIN
    Did you fit two kids in the Delorean?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Did you fit two kids in the Delorean?
    I do fit them both in the DeLorean, but not for the event yesterday (I trailered it.)

Did everyone seem to have a good time? Does it feel like the two sets of owners mixed?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru