Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dream Delorean

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx

HoleS in front wall and spacers

Here are pics of the pedal housing mounting holes in the front wall and the spacers that go between the pedal box and the power brake booster
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx

Gas Pedal Before and After

Here are pics of the stock gas pedal. Note it is bent towards the brake pedal. Another pic shows it bent the other way so it now fits big shoes.

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx

Why is this spacer so long?

Here is a picture of the spacer that goes to the PB booster. Why was this so long? The bonnet storage area could have been an 1" longer if this was shorter?

Combine shortening this 1" with moving the PB booster 1" and you end up with at least 200 sq in of more storage space. The point is will we end up with enough space for a rear tire?

When I built the electric Delorean and reconfigured the front bonnet area, I was able to fit a rear tire at an angle. Now with these changes it might fit laying down.

Bob

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx

Pedal Box Conversion and new Installation holes

I cut the new holes for moving the pedal box 1" to the left. They were fairly easy to do with a 3/8" drill, a 13/16" drill, a 3/4" hole saw and a reciprocating saw. It turns out that there is foam insulation ( not wood) between the flberglass layers.

Here are pictures of the new and old holes - painted white and the reworked pedal box. I had to add an additional plate at the top with holes off set to mount the steering column.

This should be ready to install once it is repainted. Next up, shortening the tube to the brake booster.

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx

Shortened Brake Booster spacer

I have finished shortening the brake booster spacer. This will allow at least 1.5" more width in the front storage area.

Pictures are attached.

Bob