Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Work van!

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries

New Work van!

I drove a 400 mile round trip last week and picked up a new work van. Just like my present one, it will be customized with a desk/work station and shelving and storage. I like a nice environment to work out of and having metal shelves and noisy metal work surfaces is not my thing. It is a shame to take such a nice van and gut it for a work van, but I realized on my first van that a cargo van is much more expensive than a passenger van of the same year/mileage. I got this '99 Express conversion with the 5.7 Vortech, ice cold AC and loaded with only 103k miles for 3,500.00. It also seems logical that these vans were taken better care of and driven by caring owners and not pissed lead foot employees that the typical work van has behind the wheel. Also all that carpet and velour makes for a happier work environment and acts as insulation. The windows make it easier to drive and allows more light inside.

Because the desk and shelves would cover them up, I took out the seats yesterday and relocated all those cool mood lights to the top. Got a guy coming over to buy the old seats from the rear and tomorrow I drop it off to have the interior built (which will have finished counter tops and wood). It will really look nice in a month or so. Just in time for summer! More pics when finished.

van1.jpgvan2.jpgvan3.jpgvan4.jpgvan5.jpg

VIN
    Sounds like its going to be even cheaper than $3,500 since you are selling the seats. Nice van. I could totally live in something like that.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    They were sold but when the people showed up to buy them, they were driving a van they had just bought with a wheelchair lift for their son. The two front seats were ripped and broken down and they needed these to repair their van. After talking to them for a bit, God told me to give them to these people and that's just what I did. What's really funny is even though these cam out of a GM van and they had a Ford...the seats matched perfeftly! Even the pattern of the material was the same!

VIN
    Awesome.

I just had a thought about your van. Will you be buying a set of floor mats for it? I highly recommend the hex mats.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Awesome.

I just had a thought about your van. Will you be buying a set of floor mats for it? I highly recommend the hex mats.
    Hex mats...nah, I'm laying in a piece of outdoor carpeting to protect the carpet.

Administrator
    VIN
    Michael & I are gonna roll into Vegas in that mean machine!

That will be pretty nice. I think you've said before, but what do you do for a living, Michael?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    That will be pretty nice. I think you've said before, but what do you do for a living, Michael?
    He rides around gangster-style with me, rollin' motor-two's.....gettin' paid yo.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The van will be customized to do mobile automotive paint repair. Small things like scratches, chips in the paint all the way to doing bumpers and panels and even bigger repairs.
    Since I am mobile, the car never has to leave the lot and spend weeks at a body shop. I have it for a few hours and it's back on the lot. I love doing it because I haven't had a boss in 15 years. I set my own schedule and I really like what I do. 90% of the time I just buff scratches and touch up the car but I still do bigger stuff too.

20160826_102918.jpg20160826_102921.jpg20160826_134150.jpg
    20150829_140443(0).jpg20160506_165821.jpg

Free Kandy? Ice Cream truck music? Internal Eyelets?
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru