Thread: Steering rack installation

Steering rack installation

Hello was wondering if anyone had pictures etc showing exactly how the steering rack is supposed to be mounted? I recently replaced my original rack with a new rebuilt one ( the vendor has been great and is trying to help me get this resolved I just thought if someone had pictures etc it would help me show my tech) and ever since installation I have felt more vibration through wheel etc and most concerning is my turning radius is much shorter when turning left. The vendor says the tech may not have the bushing bracket all the way down and this can allow some movement and possibly I have he rack mounted off center. My tech of course swears he has it in correctly so I was just hoping someone had a picture or info that I can visually look for when we put it back on an alignment rack to see as this si driving me crazy, ha. Appreciate any tips. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VIN
    Thanks rich.

I am doing this soon as well. It does help to have a reference just to double check my memory.

What a night and day difference you car is looking.

Incredible work you have done there.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Thanks rich.

I am doing this soon as well. It does help to have a reference just to double check my memory.

What a night and day difference you car is looking.

Incredible work you have done there.
    Dude...I just realized I forgot to call ya!

Thank you very much for the pictures, this should help a lot. It looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk