Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shep's meltdown

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries

Shep's meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Oh hey, look, editing this post still fucking works, as I have said many times. Huh, fancy that, I wonder why everyone seems to think it's an abuse of admin power when I am no longer even allowed to post and can do this?!

I never edited nor deleted a single goddamn thing (see, I can use bold and be an asshole too). I moved posts. That's it. All of you starting this witch hunt over a simple thread split are way more fucking paranoid than I am. Go ahead and look over your shoulder the rest of your life and wonder when the boogeyman is gonna return, that's the start of every murder movie plot, is it not?

You are all cunts. If history is to be believed, it will come back around. Karma and all that. The accusations against me are asinine and patently false. I am not about to stand idly by while every last motherfucker here takes potshots at my reputation, not again. Fool me one, twice, you know the drill.

For the record, every single one of you is running shit that is illegal. Do some deep reading into DOT laws sometime, it's amazing how little it takes to be considered street-illegal. Those fancy exhausts? Illegal. LED bulbs? Illegal. Carb setups? Yup, illegal too. Radio upgrade? Yup. Replaced a windshield? Surprise! That angle drive? Don't get me started on that one! DOT laws are everywhere, and ignored everywhere too. Singling me out as the guy that "crossed the line" on legality is the biggest act of hypocrisy you could possibly do in these parts. Literally every single person here is guilty by default. But what good is a law that's not enforced?

So maybe I want to be heard over the sound of the radio blasting behind me that things are getting dangerous and he needs to give me room so we can all go about our day. Or grab the absent-minded cell phone caller's attention when he pins me against the concrete barrier with an illegal lane change. Or let the dumbass texting know that they're two inches shy of scraping the car next to them. Or even just being a friendly guy watching an accident about to unfold and giving a clear warning of what is to come. Every last one of those has happened in the last MONTH.

If horns are so batshit crazy, what else ya got? Outfit my car with spikes? Strobe lights? Make it look like a police cruiser with the blue and red lights and sirens? Missles or guns or some shit mounted in the bumper? I have tried signs. I have tried bumper stickers telling others to back off, which most people laugh at then promptly ignore. I have tried making my taillights blindingly bright as fuck-else. I have even considered rigging up my reverse lights to a button that lets me turn them on as a signaling device. I've tried passive approaches such as simply slowing down gradually, or more aggressive ones like brake checks. I've tried a combination of horn and brakes. I've tried turning on my rear camera while I drive thinking they might see it. Short of (and sometimes past) breaking any laws, there isn't a goddamn thing that has worked.

If you are oh so wise and brilliant that you know how to solve it, you tell me then hotshot. Oh, and pulling over or lane changes are invalid -- two lane no-shoulder roads with heavy traffic in residential areas is the primary part of my route. Speeding up is invalid too, that one's blatantly illegal and still doesn't work.

You think you have all the answers, but that's nothing more than complete bullshit. You have thrown the first assault, a Pearl Harbor of sorts, and continue to add insult to injury. If it's war you seek, it's war you shall get. Watch yourself, you're gonna need it.
    Dude, you threatened a member here because you guys disagreed about horns on cars of all things. Your admin privilege was revoked because we thought you were using your power as an admin over another member to shut him up and keep his point of view from being heard. After your little rant above and you going crazy deleting 500 or so posts you were banned because we didnt want you wrecking our forum and we will be working to undo the damage you inflicted (over a horn debate mind you). Steve has ALWAYS been fair with everyone here.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Most all deleted posts (around 500 or so) have been restored. Hopefully this will be the last time Steve grants admin rights to just anyone who asks.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Still have about 20 posts to restore but I will do that when I get back home this evening.

Shep I would like you to know that while I disagree with train horns on a DeLorean, I respect you as a person and your views. You seem like a really smart and thoughtful guy.

Associated Industries Delorean Service is proud to announce its new "You meet the friendliest people in a Delorean!" ad campaign .
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Associated Industries Delorean Service is proud to announce its new "You meet the friendliest people in a Delorean!" ad campaign .
    For real. This is insane. What is it about Deloreans that make people go totes cray? How many people is that now who have tried to trash the forum? Why?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    OK, looks like all Shep's "important intell" has been restored. Based on the time stamps, it must have took him hours. I know I said I had about 20 posts to restore but it was more like 125 or so because he went through about 125 posts and deleted the original content, then edited them with little sayings, then deleted the entire post on top of that so I had to do a little reconstructing. The edited sayings were like "I fought for you, now I'm fighting against you" or "did you think i was going to leave all that info here?" "Guess you will have to figure this out yourself" "it's all coming down" "you will be sorry" etc.

Basically almost every response made his original posts out to be invaluable and we could not go on living without the info. I considered leaving the edited versions in place but decided to follow Steve's protocol of deleting nothing.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    FWIW took me about an hour but I have to admit I was watching A Revolutionary War Documentary while working.

VIN
    Thanks for all the hard work on restoring the posts. For a while, I was afraid we were going to have to roll back the SQL database.

Life goes on. I'm still having trouble believing all of this happened over a horn argument but these cars do bring out the strangest of people, myself being on of them.

I really appreciate Shep's effort in updating the forum, but going forward there won't be any new admins unless I have met them in person or if a current admin vouches for them. I've tried trusting people and we see how that has worked out.

I really don't want Shep's account to stay banned so I'm open to suggestions on how to handle this situation. We do our hardest not to ban people on DMCToday. The Thirdmanj section of this forum is a huge testimony to that.

If his account needs to remain banned due to technical vulnerabilities then so be it. But if by some chance we did turn his account back on, I have a hard time believing he would even want to come back. He seems really upset about horns.

I don't agree with Matt about horns either but you don't see me having a freaking meltdown over it. Life goes on.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)