Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress Update

Airtex 1436 appears to be discontinued. It's listed as "Not Available" on Summit's site, and is not listed at all on Airtex's site.

I have no additional information beyond being pointed to sales for a possible alternative. I can do that if you guys want, although it would be quite helpful to know what the cross reference is for it (or if it was selected based on measurements or something, and what the criteria is that decides if it will fit specifically).

Even then, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, so I can only pull strings if you guys get stuck somewhere.

Mechanical fuel pump mounted:

MechanicalFuelPumpDrilled.jpg

MechanicalFuelMountMounted.jpg

MechanicalFuelPumpOnLobe.jpg

If I'm not mistaken there is one other B280/3.0 with a distributor in the traditional location (a heavily modified odd fire unit), but I'm 99.9875% certain this is the only B280/3.0 with a mechanical fuel pump.

Bill Robertson

That is easily the biggest cam sensor I have ever seen. The barb must be for coolant.

DHL Worldwide just brought me presents (Sofabex manufactured pumps, sold under the Valeo brand):

FuelPumpsDelivered.jpg

Bill Robertson

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic View Post
    DHL Worldwide just brought me presents (Sofabex manufactured pumps, sold under the Valeo brand):

FuelPumpsDelivered.jpg

Bill Robertson
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it a Sofabex 3732? I have found some potential fuel pump fitments via UK Ebay. I have also found a couple of potential ignition lock cylinders on UK Ebay as well.

VIN
    It's a shame we can't just bolt a ford fuel pump to these cars.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it a Sofabex 3732? I have found some potential fuel pump fitments via UK Ebay. I have also found a couple of potential ignition lock cylinders on UK Ebay as well.
    Sofabex 3732 looks too short to reach the camshaft lobe:

Sofabex3732.jpg

ValeoPump.jpg

LongEnoughToReachLobe.jpg

Valeo pump I'm using xRef's to Sofabex 3213. If you walk into a French Autozone, that's what their computer system will show you for a PRV.

I bought a Made in China Rover ignition switch to play with. You have to do a little Dremel work to make it fit. Not too bad. I still prefer my Made in UK units, but rumor has it they are NLA now. I guess if your ignition tumbler is scrooged, Made in China is better than nothing. At least they're cheap (less than $50 delivered IIRC).

IgnitionTumblerxRef1.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef2.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef3.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef4.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef5.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef6.jpg

IgnitionTumblerxRef7.jpg

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 03-03-2017 at 07:08 PM.

VIN
    I'll gladly fly to France if anyone wants me to ship them a fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It's a shame we can't just bolt a ford fuel pump to these cars.
    Farrar's getting a Ford distributor (AMC used Ford ignition on its own engines -- factory original distributors are Motorcraft). You could modify one for a B28 easily enough but the reluctor would be all wrong (AMC/Jeep/Ford never made an odd fire engine). Wouldn't be able to find an odd fire cap to fit either.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic; 03-03-2017 at 07:27 PM.

VIN
    Well, then its a shame AMC didn't use Ford fuel pumps. What on earth were they thinking?

Anyway, its totally great to see you sharing all this info with us again. Every once in a while I stalk your facebook page for updates, but this is so much easier and less creepy.

Have you tried using your Content account yet? I tested it with the new password earlier this week and it seems to be working. Did you get my email with the new password?