Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress Update

VIN
    Wow! Nice work champ!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Administrator
    VIN
    This is looking pretty damn good....

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic View Post
    Look closely and you'll notice Farrar has no ignition ballast resistors. He will be running full charging voltage into a 1.5 ohm Pertronix coil. That's how my own car has been wired for two years now (and the Service Truck, school bus, Lincoln, and Volvo). Plug gap is .046". That's Ford's standard plug gap. Behind the seat he has an aftermarket Duraspark ignition module. Distributor is made by Motorcraft (AMC/Jeep application). Only part of his ignition that isn't Ford are the spark plugs themselves -- he had a brand new set of NKG's so I reused them. Ford part number would be Autolite 103.
    Bill Robertson

Good choice on the 1.5 ohm coil. I'm running a 1.5 ohm Flame Thrower without any resistors.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Late afternoon pic of the final installation. Except for the freeze plugs -- and total lack of an exhaust system -- this part of the project should be finished. Also need to attach the A/C hoses and vacuum/charge the system (still waiting on compressor spacers and a hold down bolt from McMaster).

FarrarEngineDaylight.jpg

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy DeLorean Mechanic View Post
    Late afternoon pic of the final installation. Except for the freeze plugs -- and total lack of an exhaust system -- this part of the project should be finished. Also need to attach the A/C hoses and vacuum/charge the system (still waiting on compressor spacers and a hold down bolt from McMaster).

FarrarEngineDaylight.jpg

Bill Robertson
    Mmmm...that's a nice, long crankcase breather hose you got there. How about a set of zoomies for Farrar's exhaust?

Administrator
    VIN
    I'm interested to see the completed exhaust, I recall Farrar had a nice setup planned.

Farrar has an exhaust system!

FarrarExhaust.jpg

Test running his new engine is much more pleasant now.

Bill Robertson

Administrator
    VIN
    What model muffler are those, and how do they sound?

VIN
    4675, 4190, xxxx
    Very creative. I like the idea.

Rather than replacing the freeze plugs, why don't I just send Farrar home with a couple extra jugs of antifreeze?

WTF_Mechanic.jpg

Bill Robertson