Thread: Directional Assembly

Administrator
    VIN

Directional Assembly

Used directional assembly: $50 OBO + shipping.

The horn stalk appears to have no "springiness" in it....PO had it bypassed. Lights & directional functioned properly when it was installed, I didn't think of testing the wipers, so that's unknown.

Will post pics when able.IMG_3839.jpgIMG_3841.jpgIMG_3843.jpgIMG_3844.jpgIMG_3845.jpgIMG_3847.jpgIMG_3848.jpg

Close-up of the knobs where the decals are? Want to see how worn they are.

Mine are pretty fubar'd. Was working on the binnacle when my leg caught one of the levers and bent it. Bent it back by hand before I realized I should probably look at a stock one for reference.

I am curious though, with all the other work you have planned, are there any other parts you're planning on selling, but haven't removed yet? Might want to "bundle" if there's anything else that interests me.

Actually, email them to me instead. Forgot the forum software shrinks everything to tiny size...

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Close-up of the knobs where the decals are? Want to see how worn they are.

Mine are pretty fubar'd. Was working on the binnacle when my leg caught one of the levers and bent it. Bent it back by hand before I realized I should probably look at a stock one for reference.

I am curious though, with all the other work you have planned, are there any other parts you're planning on selling, but haven't removed yet? Might want to "bundle" if there's anything else that interests me.
    I'll email pics this afternoon.

I don't have any prior experience with the assembly, but full disclosure: it looks to me like the levers can't be swapped without opening a can 'o worms. If "can 'o worms" is in your skillset, then no worries.

Looking at my to-do list, here's the parts I can think of I'll acquire for listing:

-Early door pull straps (installing the integrated straps.)
    -OEM tail light boards
    -OEM exhaust manifolds
    -OEM brake master core
    -OEM clutch slave core
    -OEM POS plastic door handle
    -Aftermarket power antenna (silver)
    -OEM ignition coil
    -Rear sunshade louvre
    -OEM front springs
    -K-Jet manifold & related injection components (i.e. whatever lives in the engine bay)
    -Assorted OEM relays (not yet sure what I have)

-Repaired rear closing panel, steering wheel, and directional assembly...currently listed on both forums.

Administrator
    VIN
    A bit more on this part:

I'm not familiar with the operation of the horn switch, I only know it has no "springiness." If anyone is familiar & wants to coach, I'll dig into it further to provide more info.

re: wiper stalk functionality: I was thinking about how I didn't test it before I pulled the part.

I'm wondering if I could:

-Plug it into the wiring to test
    -Use a Ohm-meter to test

Administrator
    VIN
    PM Sent :-)

Got the pics, replied to your email. Sounds like a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    -OEM tail light boards
    The shitty "metal contacts on cardboard that get destroyed in a puddle" ones from the factory? Actually might want a set too. Not even functional either, I'm more or less interested in a "test piece" for my taillight project. Anything that doesn't look like a 3-year-old's attempt at a science fair project is likely replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    -Rear sunshade louvre
    As in the giant piece that's probably too big to ship anywhere, or another part?

Administrator
    VIN
    Got the pics, replied to your email. Sounds like a deal!

The shitty "metal contacts on cardboard that get destroyed in a puddle" ones from the factory? Actually might want a set too. Not even functional either, I'm more or less interested in a "test piece" for my taillight project. Anything that doesn't look like a 3-year-old's attempt at a science fair project is likely replaced.

Yessir, the shitty factory ones.....I'll get some pics tomorrow.

As in the giant piece that's probably too big to ship anywhere, or another part?

Yep, the bigass piece that's too big to ship.