Thread: Black stainless shift knob

Black stainless shift knob

Hello was wondering if anyone on here has one of the black stainless shift knobs like Tom in Poland use to sell that they would be interested in selling . Let me know . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just moved a related thread to this sub-forum after realizing Rich posted it in the "for sale" section inadvertently. Only noticed when I saw this thread

Here's a link:
    http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...s-shifter-knob

Discussion went from "OEM" to possibile aftermarket solutions. I'm still not sure what makes the shifter ball DeLorean-specific beyond shift pattern (which is still not unique), and possibly thread size. A quick search on eBay for "stainless shifter knob" turned up quite a few results around the $50 mark, compared to DMOCO's $100 stainless ones (which still aren't black by the way).

If you're willing to experiment, I would reach out to an eBay seller with the product you want, and ask if they would be willing to let you try fitment and return if it does not fit. I've found many sellers will either be completely fine with the idea, or even have useful insight. Returning it without notifying them first usually involves a restocking fee, but reaching out prior, they will often waive the fee.

And of course, keep us posted!

Administrator
    VIN
    What vehicle has the same shift pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What vehicle has the same shift pattern?
    Lots. Some with Prime too.

EDIT: I should note that a large amount of the sellers I saw searching for stainless shifters offered laser-engraving for an additional fee. Given that they are already quite familiar with shift patterns, asking them to etch the DeLorean's 5RDL shift pattern should be a piece of cake.