Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Associated Industries Delorean Service

Quote Originally Posted by duplicate account View Post
    one of the straight pieces of aluminum my dad used to mount my custom bmw motorcycle pipe (right side) exhaust sheared itself off and the pipe was dragging behind me. I had to call associated industries for a quick roadside fix. In no time, a man in cut off daisy dukes showed up and engineered and installed this custom bracket.

Attachment 9468

i thanked him profusely, and in a very cocky, self satisfied way he just said, "no problem at all, son. That's what happens when you have associated industries delorean service."

he only charged me for the hourly rate of his labor. And a handy.

lollllllll

Today's experience: Had to try out the custom exhaust bracket from AIDS. Decided to go to the Filipino Mcdonalds for the ultimate Incel meal: a Filet o' Fish. If you are a combo of asberger's and manic depressive, the Filet O' Fish is your go-to for "wife is still out of town" slop. And I go to the Fillipino one because it is cleaner and better run than the one closer to me.

As I pull in, some urban yoofs in a black mercedes block my path, then pull up alongside. They open the door and out comes the camera, shouting and begging me to open the door. I do and they start screaming like animals. Jesus Christ. I know any attempt to eat the food product at this McDonald's will end up with a long photo session, endless small talk, and a few offers to buy it for twenty five hunnert dollaz and possible questions about where I live. I close the door and leave to a more expensive eatery twenty miles away.

This experience was different but while I chew my Sysco produced Chicken patty at the bar, I hear the word "Delorean" rippling behind me over and over.

I'm used to this after 15 years, but.... is it me, or is it even more intense than it used to be?

The AIDS exhaust bracket holds just fine and the pipe doesn't move at all. Thanks, AIDS.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Today's experience: Had to try out the custom exhaust bracket from AIDS. Decided to go to the Filipino Mcdonalds for the ultimate Incel meal: a Filet o' Fish. If you are a combo of asberger's and manic depressive, the Filet O' Fish is your go-to for "wife is still out of town" slop. And I go to the Fillipino one because it is cleaner and better run than the one closer to me.

As I pull in, some urban yoofs in a black mercedes block my path, then pull up alongside. They open the door and out comes the camera, shouting and begging me to open the door. I do and they start screaming like animals. Jesus Christ. I know any attempt to eat the food product at this McDonald's will end up with a long photo session, endless small talk, and a few offers to buy it for twenty five hunnert dollaz and possible questions about where I live. I close the door and leave to a more expensive eatery twenty miles away.

This experience was different but while I chew my Sysco produced Chicken patty at the bar, I hear the word "Delorean" rippling behind me over and over.

I'm used to this after 15 years, but.... is it me, or is it even more intense than it used to be?

The AIDS exhaust bracket holds just fine and the pipe doesn't move at all. Thanks, AIDS.
    This is why I don't own a single piece of clothing with anything Delorean related on it. It's nice to go stealth and ignore the stupid comments while enjoying a meal.

Every once in a while, people do manage to pick me out though. I don't know how, but they find me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    This is why I don't own a single piece of clothing with anything Delorean related on it. It's nice to go stealth and ignore the stupid comments while enjoying a meal.

Every once in a while, people do manage to pick me out though. I don't know how, but they find me.

I've seen your "incognito" outfit at DCS

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I've seen your "incognito" outfit at DCS
    And there isn't a single DMC logo on it.

Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I usually don't wear DMC apparel when I drive my car. It seems over the top, like the old geezers that wear the Corvette clothes while driving their Corvette, or the Harley Davidson bunch(possibly the worst offenders).

I do have several shirts that I will wear when I'm nowhere near my DeLorean.

I still have my Honda embossed leather jacket I wear while riding my SuperHawk, but the jacket (and the bike) is from the 90's and so old school it has become retro and therefore "cool" (in my mind anyway).

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I only wear DeLorean clothes with my car to a DeLorean event. Otherwise, the test of an article of clothing is whether or not it looks stupid without the car.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I only wear DeLorean clothes with my car to a DeLorean event. Otherwise, the test of an article of clothing is whether or not it looks stupid without the car.
    I've got a new outfit for DCS this year.

Banned From "Tight Ship"
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I usually don't wear DMC apparel when I drive my car. It seems over the top, like the old geezers that wear the Corvette clothes while driving their Corvette, or the Harley Davidson bunch(possibly the worst offenders).

I do have several shirts that I will wear when I'm nowhere near my DeLorean.

I still have my Honda embossed leather jacket I wear while riding my SuperHawk, but the jacket (and the bike) is from the 90's and so old school it has become retro and therefore "cool" (in my mind anyway).
    Are you saying you can relate, or not becoming an old geezer (in your mind anyway)?
    Working on "The other DeLorean" (1966 GTO).

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Are you saying you can relate, or not becoming an old geezer (in your mind anyway)?
    Respect your elders!

Fukin whipper snappers