Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Associated Industries Delorean Service

  1. #11
    As seen on TV! Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tomball, TX
    VIN
    3676
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    2
    I tried your product and it gave me Complaints About Normal Conditions Exacerbating Refuse. The plastic dash that I purchased was only slightly better than the one I had prior because the previous one had been reduced to dust and twisted metal.

    I also seriously question your ability to produce a car when you cannot get a binnacle into production in over a decade. Until you can actually reproduce components that have significant demand, please refrain from boasting about your Longevity Increasing Engineering Systems to the general public.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

    "Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

  2. #12
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,791
    Those boys on the other forum are secretly wishing they could talk about their AIDS problem.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  3. #13
    Associated Industries is currently doing the magnet mod to my drivers side door panel

    IMG_0705.jpg
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Associated Industries is currently doing the magnet mod to my drivers side door panel

    IMG_0705.jpg
    Okay, I'll admit: it doesn't sit too well. It's good enough but the thickness of the already thin magnets makes it just a tad higher than I'd like. You know what would have worked better? Snaps. Snaps would have been better.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  5. #15
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    5,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Okay, I'll admit: it doesn't sit too well. It's good enough but the thickness of the already thin magnets makes it just a tad higher than I'd like. You know what would have worked better? Snaps. Snaps would have been better.
    Ron sucks.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

  6. #16
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,701
    Blog Entries
    6
    I have no idea what this mod is or what it was supposed to solve.

    Splain Yerself!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    I have no idea what this mod is or what it was supposed to solve.

    Splain Yerself!
    So, there's this door that moves up and down for attention whores. Being that the driver's door is opened and shut more, over thirty some years, the shit inside the door is more likely to repeatedly fall out of adjustment than the passenger side door, which isn't opened a tenth as much. Accordingly, the upper door card is pulled to repair and adjust the internals of the window garbage inside the attention whore door. In so doing, the retarded "fur trees" (which keep the upper door card in place) get more used up than Donald Trump's favorite blonde floozy. Pretty soon, you are left with maybe two cracked, bent up "fur trees" where there used to be eight, and the door card is hard to keep in place.

    So you copy some other genius with magnets to keep it in place only to find out that a simple strip of Velcro across the top would've been better.

    Summary: Fur trees, magnets, used up Trump whore, bad fit.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  8. #18
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,701
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    So, there's this door that moves up and down for attention whores. Being that the driver's door is opened and shut more, over thirty some years, the shit inside the door is more likely to repeatedly fall out of adjustment than the passenger side door, which isn't opened a tenth as much. Accordingly, the upper door card is pulled to repair and adjust the internals of the window garbage inside the attention whore door. In so doing, the retarded "fur trees" (which keep the upper door card in place) get more used up than Donald Trump's favorite blonde floozy. Pretty soon, you are left with maybe two cracked, bent up "fur trees" where there used to be eight, and the door card is hard to keep in place.

    So you copy some other genius with magnets to keep it in place only to find out that a simple strip of Velcro across the top would've been better.

    Summary: Fur trees, magnets, used up Trump whore, bad fit.
    Wow, it never occurred to me to take the time to pull the panel, epoxy tiny magnets to a decaying cardboard material for a half assed fit that will fly apart upon a spirited door slam or wrongly timed speed bump. And here I just bought 10 fur trees for 11 bucks last year and swapped a few of them out last time I had the panel off.

    In another 30 years I just might have to do it again, I'm so stupid.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Wow, it never occurred to me to take the time to pull the panel, epoxy tiny magnets to a decaying cardboard material for a half assed fit that will fly apart upon a spirited door slam or wrongly timed speed bump. And here I just bought 10 fur trees for 11 bucks last year and swapped a few of them out last time I had the panel off.

    In another 30 years I just might have to do it again, I'm so stupid.
    Jerk!

    Gluing magnets is fun though.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

  10. #20
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    4,701
    Blog Entries
    6
    Yeah but I'm a jerk with a properly fitted door panel!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •