Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SEP 29 Northern Michigan DeLorean Fall Driving Tour

VIN
    Just made it back home a few minutes ago. It was a long drive of 2,715 miles to and from Harbor Springs, not including the miles spend driving around with the tour, but it was well worth it.

Car performed pretty dang good too. I did notice that I lost some coolant when I arrived in Harbor Springs. This could either be a slight head gasket leak or possible a bad cap on the coolant tank. Coolant is leaving the overflow hose on the coolant tank.

I also started having trouble with my break booster on the drive home. There is a slight hissing noise and the brake pedal is hard to press. Car no longer stops on a dime. Basically I don't have power brakes anymore. Looks like its time to start working on a cross reference again.

Other than those two things, the drive was as perfect as can be for a Delorean. The new clutch held up fine and so did the mechanical fuel pump. All is well.

If Patrick reads this, thanks again for putting this weekend together for us. I really enjoyed it and look forward to joining you guys for another tour.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    If Patrick reads this, thanks again for putting this weekend together for us. I really enjoyed it and look forward to joining you guys for another tour.
    I'm glad you made it up for the driving tour! Everyone seemed to have a great time, and I think we will have an even bigger group next year. The planning will begin soon!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    A video of my modifications can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc