Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Stainless shifter knob

Administrator
    VIN

Wanted: Stainless shifter knob

Anybody got a stainless shifter ball for sale?

Consider this a warning Michael's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    So you only need one Ball of steel?
    Duke_Nukem_Forever.jpg

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    It took me about a year of failed ebay atempts to finally snipe one at auction for around 60 bucks. DMOCO will occasionally list one of their 5 speed shift pattern stainless balls on there with 99c starting price and no reserve. They usually have a BIN for 105, same price as on the website.

Otherwise you can bite the bullet and drop 105 bucks for one... I've never seen a used one come up for sale on ebay or anywhere else.

I freakin love mine though. The weight of the ball adds an oddly satisfying feeling as you shift though the gears.
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-14-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Consider this a warning Michael's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    The weight of the ball adds an oddly satisfying feeling

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    It took me about a year of failed ebay atempts to finally snipe one at auction for around 60 bucks. DMOCO will occasionally list one of their 5 speed shift pattern stainless balls on there with 99c starting price and no reserve. They usually have a BIN for 105, same price as on the website.

Otherwise you can bite the bullet and drop 105 bucks for one... I've never seen a used one come up for sale on ebay or anywhere else.

I freakin love mine though. The weight of the ball adds an oddly satisfying feeling as you shift though the gears.

Ya....I have a bad feeling I'll end up paying full price. The first thing I'm going to do is put it on my car, the second thing will be to tell you how satisfying the weight of my new ball feels in my hand -LMAO!

Genuinely curious: what makes the shifter ball DeLorean-specific? Is it the threads or something? There's a megaton of shifter handles out there for hot rods and such, surely someone's been able to use one of those at some point, right?

VIN
    If I took a total shot in the dark, I'd guess it uses the same M8 x 1.25 thread as the S3 Lotus Esprit supposedly does.

Googling M8 x 1.25 produces a million billion options. Many of them are metal for those that enjoy the summer sensation of sizzling hot balls in their hand.

JD.jpg
    -Luke / 10270 / Superman 3 Turbo Kit

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Genuinely curious: what makes the shifter ball DeLorean-specific? Is it the threads or something? There's a megaton of shifter handles out there for hot rods and such, surely someone's been able to use one of those at some point, right?
    There's one with a logo and one with a pattern, ....the logo is DeLorean-specific, maybe the pattern is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    There's one with a logo and one with a pattern, ....the logo is DeLorean-specific, maybe the pattern is too.
    Are you after any old shifter knob, or one of the two you mentioned?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Are you after any old shifter knob, or one of the two you mentioned?
    Stainless with the pattern.