Thread: NLA parts for sale or trade

VIN

NLA parts for sale or trade

I am looking to get...

Stock front springs (good condition +/-)
    Shocks all around (good condition +/-)
    Rear upper and lower arms(good bushings etc. +/-)
    Disc all around. (good condition +/-)
    Cash/PayPal is always acceptable as well.

Here is what I have to offer...

I am not sure how to price NLA stuff.
    Let me know if I am to high or to low.

Thank you

Craig radio (untested) $300
    Spare tire (tire looks unused rim needs cleaning) $200
    Vents on lower engine louvre (decent condition) $150
    Light switch bracket with stuff (rusty but complete)$100
    Engine bay electrical plate (good condition with seal)$100
    Ingnition coil (untested) $30
    Front trunk carpet (ok condition) $40
    Heat shield $50
    Brake cover in tub with cap(decent condition) $50
    Fuel cover in tub (decent condition)$20
    Spare tire belt holder (decent condition) $50
    Small access panel for fascia inside $100
    Bezel in engine bay (decent condition)$50
    Throttle shield (ok condition) $20
    Radiator support pair (surface rust) $30

Here are some pictures of these items

Having issues getting photos up. Will post them soon.

VIN
    Here are the photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have any good-condition items on your "want" list, so unless you're interested in bent control arms, I've only got cash to offer you.

I've got dibs on these two:
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Vents on lower engine louvre (decent condition) $150
    Spare tire belt holder (decent condition) $50
    Need to confirm I still need them first though, I'll let you know ASAP!

Bah, can't get a hold of the guy who would know.

Tell you what, I'll buy the engine cover vents for asking price, $150 shipped, but don't hold the spare tire belt for me, that part isn't as important to me.

I will also note that in the event I don't need the vents after all, I will re-sell them at that same price, $150 shipped.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Bah, can't get a hold of the guy who would know.

Tell you what, I'll buy the engine cover vents for asking price, $150 shipped, but don't hold the spare tire belt for me, that part isn't as important to me.

I will also note that in the event I don't need the vents after all, I will re-sell them at that same price, $150 shipped.
    Cool. I can pm you this weekend and get it shipped out Monday to you.

For you and anyone else buying things from me, I ship things via UPS and you will get a tracking number to your email once it is on the way to you.

Cool beans, works for me! I'm not in any rush, but it is the first I've seen that part come up after I thought I might need one and learned they were NLA.

I'm curious: what's the reason you use UPS? I tend to send USPS for speed and cost, I've been trying to find an example where UPS is beneficial over the post office. I try to be diplomatic to each courier (even FedEx and DHL get consideriation), but I have yet to find a use case for anyone other than USPS, even though every one I mentioned other than DHL has a huge shipping hub nearby. If my experience matches yours, there's gotta be a reason you'd pay extra for UPS.

(Granted, USPS tracking's been horribly unreliable for at least two years, but beyond that.)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Cool beans, works for me! I'm not in any rush, but it is the first I've seen that part come up after I thought I might need one and learned they were NLA.

I'm curious: what's the reason you use UPS? I tend to send USPS for speed and cost, I've been trying to find an example where UPS is beneficial over the post office. I try to be diplomatic to each courier (even FedEx and DHL get consideriation), but I have yet to find a use case for anyone other than USPS, even though every one I mentioned other than DHL has a huge shipping hub nearby. If my experience matches yours, there's gotta be a reason you'd pay extra for UPS.

(Granted, USPS tracking's been horribly unreliable for at least two years, but beyond that.)
    Where I work at we do a lot of shopping back and forth to our customers.

The main reason we use ups is we have an account with them and get decent rates. They are fast, reliable, and the tracking actually works.

DHL is ok. FedEx is eh at best. Thier home delivery is different than express and their system is too unnecessarily complicated with billing and pick ups.

USPS on the other hand is an absolute nightmare. The local post office that services our area is in fact the worst in the country. We have talked with the top post master general several times and he even came out personally to deal with all the complaints about that office. I couldn't count how many times stuff just gets lost, never shows up or worse tracking says delivered and it finally shows up weeks later. It is fun to explain that to customers. They never want to do picks ups, or drop offs or most part of thier jobs. We call and call for pick ups to have them never show up. Go and try to call them for any kind of help, good luck. I could go on for hours about all the ridiculous stuff we have had to deal with this past decade with them. I will spare you all the gory details.

Yes it is typically cheaper but like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. If I sell something, in this case to you, now you become my customer. I want to do right by my customers and do my best to ensure that they get the product they paid for. USPS is not a reliable option in my experience.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    USPS is not a reliable option in my experience.
    I suppose it all depends on your local branch. Where I live at, everything is reliable including USPS, UPS, and FedEx. I've even had really good service with FedEx ground, however I prefer to stay away from them since they use contractors.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)